updated this doc feb 2023
TFT price right now is close to 0.01 and in my personal opinion this does not reflect the real value of the project.
There are max 500.000.000 liquid tokens in the project which means the perceived liquid marketcap would be only 5m USD which is of-course not right. The volumes are low on the exchange and as such not really reflecting value.
Are we worried about this token price? NO personally I am not but yes its frustrating it takes a lot of time to go up.
We anticipated the crypto crash and personally I think we are not done yet. ThreeFold is building a project with real value and a lot has been accomplished and many exciting things will happen < 12 months.
Why is the TFT price not going up right now
- too many farmers and others keep on dumping the price, as long as more people dump than people buy it will keep on going down to a ridiculous low marketcap (where it is now).
Short term planning:
- We will launch a commercial offering on top of TFGrid where people pay with credit card and BTC lightening (huge community by itself). We have good community support to kick this off.
- We have a supporting plan for farmers which will make it no longer needed for them to sell TFT to the market which influences the price negatively. The farming model might be adjusted.
- We are organising a fundraise for ThreeFold Dubai at a pre-money valuation of 0 USD. This company will execute on the above. This project will work a lot on communication and community building while make sure that our community is aligned, it will be all about building something together.
Our ongoing work:
- Threefold DMCC (Dubai) is planning to acquire up to 300million TFT. How? Investors can invest by means of TFT, which means TFT holders would receive shares of ThreeFold DMCC in return. This will only be possible for investors who can invest +50k USD worth of TFT. The price of a TFT will be 0.05 USD
- The Internet of Internets concept will be launched, eventually billions of TFT are required to make this happen (will take some time).
- FreeFlow will launch, this is our first opensource implementation of alternative to gdocs, zoom, whatsapp, … People will be able to buy their FreeFlow Key which is like a NFT which allows access to a free digital life. We need more funding to get this started though, that is step one, maybe a good reason to create a DAO with a treasury.
- We are working on big projects with large communities, too early to say more but for sure is interesting and demonstrates how technology like ours is needed to provide real value
- Our alternative to centralised exchanges will be made public, it will be a sort of very simple concept of a liquidity pool where people can in a fair way buy and sell their TFT, and liquidity will be added through gold tokens and other stable coins. There will be a minimum sales price per TFT.
- Our validators L2 and our DAO will be launched (we need some more funding before doing so)
- Dedicated machines (done) & GPU support for AI (soon there), has the potential to drive much more utilization fast.
- We have heard now multiple times of people who want to buy larger amount of TFT but are waiting for better ways how (e.g. the new liquidity pool concept), because right now its not possible to buy lots of TFT on the exchanges.
- We are working on better ways how to present all the content (website, wiki, manuals …)
- We are planning more community events where we meet and co-create with the community
- We are working to make everything more easy (user interface, tokens, …)
Basically we expect the value of TFT to go up as our project is building value and is expanding, in 2nd phase we expect utilisation to be a driving factor as well. We do not spent any of our scarce resources on supporting speculation.
Busy times ahead of us, please do note we are not planning extra marketing effort right now, its simply not the right time and finishing some of the things above seem to be more important.