Community Call: Questions from the TF Members

Community Call: Questions from the TF Members

Hi there, are you looking for the New Internet?

It’s over here…

The Next Community Call: What’s It All About?

There are great questions being asked on the Telegram channels. We could gather them here and the TF team could then address them in the next community call, to the best of their knowledge and the current situation worldwide, and Threefold-wide.

You are invited to write questions. We will gather them in a list here for organizational purpose.

The Questions from the TF Members

• What is the current situation for GPU implementation?
  • What is the current status on the validator/staking solution? Is there anything coming soon?
  • What is the current status on the WOL feature?
  • What is the current status on the new liquidity solution?
  • What it the current status of new bridges, like a bridge to Ethereum?
  • Are there any new features for the playground that will go live on the grid in Q1?
  • QSFS allows for part of the storage to go down and it can self repair, however it’s still attached to a single VM and a single point of failure. Can a QSFS instance be reattached to another VM to recover it?
  • The gateways are advertised as “many to many.” How is more than one gateway assigned to a deployment? Can more be added after deployment?
  • Could it be possible to lock TFT value during deployment? As outlined here
  • Gateways use yydrassil between the gateway and the node. Currently that network isn’t always optimal for intense traffic applications. Are there alternatives for linking a node and gateway that better support high traffic?
  • What are the steps I need to take in order to become a sales channel?
    Are there certain requirements? from this post
  • Concerning the TFT total supply, Coinmarketcap.com shows 476m but when I enter stellar explorer there I see 829m. Can we have some clarifications on the total supply of TFT?

Got a question? Ask if you so will to know.

2 Likes

QSFS allows for part of the storage to go down and it can self repair, however it’s still attached to a single VM and a single point of failure. Can a QSFS instance be reattached to another VM to recover it?

The gateways are advertised as “many to many.” How is more than one gateway assigned to a deployment? Can more be added after deployment?

2 Likes

What is the current status on the new liquidity solution?
What it the current status of new bridges like to eth?
Are there any new features for the playground that will go live on the grid in Q1?

1 Like

Great questions guys.

Keep it up and I will update the main post with all the new questions.

Gateways use yydrassil between the gateway and the node. Currently that network isn’t always optimal for intense traffic applications. Are there alternatives for linking a node and gateway that better support high traffic?

I’ll give some quick answers to the questions from @FLnelson:

• QSFS is currently limited to mounting on a single VM. It would be possible to move it to another VM, but the functionality just hasn’t been implemented yet (reference the last paragraph of the “Implementation” in this issue)
  • The library page on gateways mostly describes what was implemented (or planned) on grid version 2 and should eventually be implemented in v3. There’s a note at the bottom of the page which specifies that for now, a gateway is a simple HTTPS proxy (1->1)
  • There’s some discussion here around using Znet (private Wireguard overlay network) with the web gateway. Since we’ve decided to leave Yggdrasil as is for now, I think revisiting this is a good idea, which I’ll pursue
  • I haven’t tested this yet, but I think it should also be possible to use a (free) public IPv6 address with a gateway. This still limits use to farms that have these addresses available, rather than being able to also gateway directly to “hidden” nodes

This leaves the follow up question of when the features mentioned above might become available, and that I don’t have an answer for right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I think that will really open up more usable capacity on the network.

1 Like

Is there a Treasury, or tokens are minted add we go?

Hi all!

Shall we use this same thread to collect questions for the February Community Call? @Mik perhaps you can help out with this? :slight_smile:

I will make another post for the February Community Call.

It will more organized this way!

Good idea @victoriaobee

1 Like

For the next Threefold Community Call, it’s over here.

@victoriaobee

1 Like

Thank you @Mik! Great!