TFT - where it lives and which wallets to use?

Hi all,

TFT is now available on three different chains, and this can be confusing if you’re getting started as a farmer or looking to buy the token. Here’s a quick overview of the different kinds of TFT, what they’re used for, and which wallets work for each type.

Chains

Stellar - most TFT exist on Stellar at the moment and this is the chain where all farming rewards are currently distributed.

Binance Smart Chain (BSC) - this TFT exists mostly for buying, selling, and providing liquidity on Pancake Swap.

TF Chain - the new ThreeFold blockchain that’s used for billing on Grid v3 and will be used to pay Grid v3 farmers at some point in the future.

Stellar and BSC Wallets

Stellar based TFT requires a Stellar wallet that’s configured to receive TFT. The most convenient option is the ThreeFold Connect app, but other Stellar wallets can be used.

TFT on BSC requires an EVM compatible wallet like Trust Wallet or MetaMask. These wallets are not compatible with Stellar TFT, but you can convert in either direction using the bridge.

For links to Stellar and BSC wallets, see the wallets page on the wiki.

TF Chain

TF Chain is compatible with the Polkadot browser extension. You can bridge back and forth with Stellar TFT, but there is no direct bridge to BSC. See the manual for more information on using TF Chain.

As a final note on TF Chain, it has two separate instances, mainnet and testnet, which both use real TFT. You can bridge between both of these networks and Stellar, but you can’t bridge directly between mainnet and testnet TF Chains.

4 Likes

Great post, @scott! :pray: We also have a blog post on TF Chain and one on our active blockchain bridges for those interested in learning more. :bulb:

3 Likes

I have a very simple question for TFT supported wallets:

There is a wallet in my TFT app which is use for doing logins. The only currency I see right now (I live in US) if TFT. Do I need to fund it with stellar or other coins to transfer TFT’s in this account. FYI I have transferred TFT to this account using the bridge from my stellar wallets.

This has come up because TFT support is suggesting to fund the wallet to receive back the TFT coin I sent them for validation (for validator node).
Please advice.
thanks,
–Mukul

No, the wallet in the TF Connect app comes preconfigured with everything you should need to send and receive TFT. I wasn’t able to find your conversation with support. Feel free to DM me here or on Telegram (@scottyeager) so I can investigate further for you.

1 Like

That Blogpost link doesn’t work anymore.

TF Chain

Blockchain Bridges

1 Like