Mastodon Community Call

Hi all,

The Community Call focusing on Mastodon will be held tomorrow, Tuesday November 15th.

@kristof will be our host and this call will take the form of a conversation rather than a presentation. We will be diving into what it is, why people are migrating to it, how Threefold can support it, and what we can do as a community to encourage a collaboration between Mastodon & Threefold.

@ParkerS will also be there to share with us a little bit about everything he has been working on so far to support this endeavour, for instance, how to deploy Mastadon on the Threefold Grid! He already wrote pieces about this and more on the forum.

You can explore the rest of the Forum’s Fediverse collection to have some insight before the call!

Join us to hop on the Mastodon train together!

When: Tuesday November 15th, 18:00 - 19:00 CET (12:00-13:00 EDT)

Where: Community Call Zoom Link

If you have any burning questions you would like to ask, please leave them as replies to this post or ask them during the call itself!

When joining, we encourage you to turn on your webcams and actively participate to make the call more interactive! For anyone unable to join live, the call will be recorded and shared as soon as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

This call is part of a series of detailed calls in which we aim to go deeper into different specific areas of the ThreeFold project. The recordings of the last calls may be found here: General Updates; Grid Utilization; Tokenomics & Regional Internet. The following editions will be announced in due time, so stay posted!

3 Likes

Hi, I like the TF calls and I like to attend the calls in person whenever possible. But as of recently, you are announcing the calls at such short notice, that I am unable to attend. Please expand the planning window and give a schedule of planned calls at least a week or 2 in advance, so we can all properly plan to attend… Many thanks, Peter

2 Likes

There is no reason to delay discussions by two weeks for anyone scheduling convenience, that just sets us up to miss the boat.

2 Likes

Perhaps there could be a middle ground, where we announce the community call as soon as possible, to allow people to get organized and also to get the word out so that as many people as possible can participate. A few days before the event could help bring more people together.

This is a great topic. It should be very interesting.

2 Likes

Agreed that in general it would be best to give as much time as possible. To this point this would allow more people to attend and also spread the word. This Mastodon call kind of needs to happen ASAP which is why it was particularly rushed.

1 Like

agree that quick updates need to be communicated asap. So why don’t you schdule a regular update call once a week? Then everone can arrange his/her other dates accordingly… just my 2cts…

1 Like