ThreeFold Tokenomics Discussion

thank you, this is amazing.
can you tell us where you found an issue on the wiki?
If you don’t mind you can leave all requests, remarks, improvement ideas on https://github.com/threefoldfoundation/info_foundation/issues

This allows us and the community to improve our docs.

many thanks

1 Like

Sure thing, Kristof, and thank you for your reply. It’s really good to know that’s where the work is being managed on wiki updates, as I do have a number of ideas, many of which seem to be already in progress.

I can log this over on Github too, but to keep this thread complete, here’s what I’m seeing. Cloud unit calculations differ between the wiki spec and the ThreeBot admin interface.

In the table on this wiki page, we see:

In ThreeBot’s code, we see:

cu : Math.round(Math.min(r.mru/4*0.95, r.cru * 2) * 1000) / 1000,
su : Math.round(( r.hru / 1093 + r.sru / 91) * 1000) / 1000,
2 Likes

Hi all,

We’ve been receiving questions lately regarding tokenomics and here are some clarification to the topic on the current state:

1. Is there any locked TFT or TFTA tokens ?

2. Is there any token burning in ThreeFold tokenomics?

• No, token burning was only a proposal idea discussed earlier 2020, but it never got accepted in production. So there is no token burning in the ThreeFold Grid.

3. The amount of TFT’s earned for farming is normalised against the US Dollar. Does this mean the amount of coins created is not at a fixed predictable rate but is instead adjusted based on the exchange rate? If so, does this change the speed of coin production / inflation?

• As explained here in the wiki: Until the end of year 2020 the following USD TFA price is used for minting: USD 0.15 plus 2% monthly starting May 2020.

Thank you everyone for support, let us know if anyone has other questions.

5 Likes