Threefold Earning and New Setup Questions

Hello All,

I am new to this and need help on a couple of question, I have a node setup which went well and is running but

1. Do I need to extend my capacity pool to keep my 3node live? is this a expense to consider for keeping connected to the network? Can I let this expire and my nodes will keep earning?

2. I am planning to build a second 3node at the end of this month can this be setup at my current address with my current 3node or do I need to setup this at another address? Is their a limit

3. I do not really understand capacity pools and what they do and what you paying for or rewards can anyone explain in a simple way please?

4. Also has anyone had earnings yet and able to list their spec, prices set so we can share?

Brett

1 Like

Hello @brettlambourne,

1. Do I need to extend my capacity pool to keep my 3node live? is this a expense to consider for keeping connected to the network? Can I let this expire and my nodes will keep earning?

Please keep in mind the difference between the farmer and capacity consumer, I know it can be bit confusing, but you as a farmer, all you need is having a farm configured with a valid TFT wallet address to receive payments from grid users and rewards. So, as a farmer, you don’t need to watch the capacity pool or anything, you just need to have a farm configured and you will be all set!

1. I am planning to build a second 3node at the end of this month can this be setup at my current address with my current 3node or do I need to setup this at another address? Is their a limit

You can use the same farm ID for all of your 3nodes, you don’t need to create a farm per node, you can have all of your 3nodes in the same farm. Also, you can use the same TFT address in multiple farms as well

1. I do not really understand capacity pools and what they do and what you paying for or rewards can anyone explain in a simple way please?

The capacity pool is an abstraction where the grid consumer reserves capacity on a specific farm in terms of CPU, RAM, Disk Storage (HDD and SSD). So I (as a grid user) can rent or reserve capacity from your farm e.g (2 CPUs, 8GB ram, 1TB HDD, 500GB SSD) for two weeks, and pay you upfront

For the question of the farm setup and earnings, I suggest you check the following links

Requirements to set-up your own 3Node and join our farmers channel https://t.me/threefoldfarmers

2 Likes

Hi Amigos,

if I upgrade my internal HDD of my Titan 2.1 to 8 GB… Do have to upgrade my ram too?
And will these upgrades benefit my farming rewards? from 400 to maybe 800 tokens each month?

best is to look for good balance between CPU and SSD and Memory
use the simulator to play with it:

https://simulator.grid.tf/