Presearch Nodes

Looks like all the Presearch node issues are solved. At least on my end all 3 nodes have been up without problems

@scott would it be possible for the team to re-visit pricing for the nodes? It might not seem like much but $2 per month per node is $24/year. If you have several nodes, say 10, then we are talking $240/year.

Racknerd has an almost never ending promotion for $10/year for a KVM capable of hosting Pre nodes. That is half the price of what we are charging.

https://www.racknerd.com/NewYear/

This is only my opinion and some may disagree, but I would suggest more agrresive pricing to get better market penetration. At least at the beginning. Preseach is only one type of node. There are several others that might be worth the effort to add to the playground if pricing is competitive. Incognito nodes come to mind for example

I run sevral of these and although token price is down, like TFT and like many others, the nodes are pretty profitable.

If pricing is competitive, and we get some marketing going by simply suggesting to some of the youtubers running nodes to try out Threefold, it could give a much needed boost to our token price.

These two dudes for example might be worth approaching to run some nodes on our grid and if they do a vid on deployments we could see some demand. But pricing has to be competitive.

There are over 72,000 nodes in operation. https://network.presearch.com/ If we can host them at say 70 cents per month, and we get 10% of the market, there would be about 5K revenue per month (7200 x 0.7). And that’s from preseach alone.

It doesent make sense to have a decentralized search engine running in data centers owned by Satan or some fake Web3 like Flux. These nodes should be hosted in a decentralized network like Threefold.

7 Likes

Responding to revitalize the discussion. Love to have more Presearch node on the grid. And as per @scott reporting, we’re using larger percentages of the available grids:

Maybe we can consider to make “presearch” a recognized solution, where the solution provider rewards can be distributed between the service provider (one click deployment done by ThreeFold DMCC) and / or the people deploying a presearch node to provide higher discounts.

5 Likes

An important note here is that you may be able to deploy a bunch of pre nodes in that kvm, but they will not all be in unique locations, behind unique ip addresses like they will be on different farms.

If your interested in optimizing where your deploying your nodes reach out to me on telegram and I can walk you through where you’ll see the most traffic. Some farms are in dcs that have short hops to internet exchanges.

Hi guys. From my last “Fail” to deploy a Presearch node within the playground, (retrospectively I made one on AWS free tire at the time with few clicks and its still working) But now, when I have active Farmerbot running on a VM on my node, I was wondering if i could setup a second Pre Node. Why not!? I could get the VM for free and maybe even get something plus on it even.

So, to cut things short. I’ve deployed the node as per the instructions on the presearch website. The Node show up in the presearch dashboard after 10min or so. Staked the 4k pre that was required, and still 8h+ after this i do not see the node as “Connected”. Am I missing something?
I checked while connected though CMD with SSH - pre is active. Tried to connect with Putty without success. I might be missing something. Any ideas?

Kindly reach out to us on the live chat for investigating this issue.

Did you get it figured out? The best place to check for helpful errors in this case would be the logs of the Presearch container displayed by Docker after you run the initial startup command.