Presearch Nodes

The $/hour is always the same. Your TFT/hour will go down.

Ah got it.
Ok so it will always be around $2.26/month

I actually just found out that running a pre node in countries with low node counts can earn you around 20 per day as opposed to the 4-5 pre I am earning on the node in my own server (U.S.)

https://mainnet-launch.presearch.com/

Mexico looks like a good option. There are two Threefold farms in Mexico. https://explorerv3.grid.tf/explorer/nodes

I am going to run a node on one of them and see what the pre earnings look like.

Whoever you are Mexican Threefold farmer I hope your servers are reliable. Don’t let me down! lol

3 Likes

That’s good intell. We have nodes all over the world.

I deployed one in Brazil and one in Singapore. I’ll come back and post hourly cost and daily earnings when I have a base line.

2 Likes

any updateson results ?/

Yeah basically there is no benefit to deploying nodes in any particular country. Earnings only relate to the realiability score as far I was able to get. As reported earlier in this thread it is also very much a gamble whether you can even deploy nodes on the threefold network. I was only able to deploy three nodes in total out of about 20 tries. Something isnt working. Cant tell you why but the whole thing is highly unstable.

1 Like

Hi @antongreydon. Sorry to hear that you have had problems deploying. Can you elaborate a little bit more. I (help and) deploy nodes on a regular basis and have found that the node deployment process is simple and straightforward. Complications do happen, but they are usually network related. Please let me know where you struggled?

2 Likes

Certainly.

The problem I am having is that when I go to “Deploy a Presearch Instance” , enter the registraion code, and choose a suitably capable node, Threefold will confirm the instance as deployed, start charging TFT tokens for the deployment, but the node simply never shows on the Presearch node list as connected/online. I waited upt to 48 hrs after deployment and nothing. I generated new registration codes several times and same thing. All I was able to deploy was three nodes and two of them are actually down now. The Singapore node is the only one currently running.

Best to dig deeper into the VM holding the pre node. Please ssh into the machine, so you can see what is happening. BTW, did you launch a node using the planetary network or using a fix IPv4 address ?

Thanks for the report, @antongreydon. I have this on my backlog to investigate. If you can provide me with some node ids that you tried deploying on, that would be helpful.

In the meantime, I’m happy to announce that we’ve slimmed down the resources allocated to the deployment, so Presearch nodes on the grid should consume about half of the TFT they used to. You’ll need to redeploy to take advantage of this.

Nice that the TFT rate went down. But it used to be 0.09/hour and now it’s 0.15/hour . Is that due to the price decrease in TFT?I did not have to re-deploy the Singapore node (2165), which has had 100% uptime so far and the rate is now 0.15592/TFT/hour. That’s 112 TFT per month which at 0.019 cents is 2.12 USD per month which seems about the same as before.
So I deployed two nodes again yesterday and today, about 16 hours later, they are still not showing as connected on my Presearch Node dsahboard although they show as active on the TFT deployment page and are being billed. The nodes I deployed on are 2673 and 2462. For 2462 I generated a new registration code.

Thanks for looking into it @scott

@Geert --> Planetary Network. Do I have to have the app (on my phone) conneted to the Planetary Network in order for the deployment to be succesfull? I have noticed that my phone or the app, not sure which, disconnects me from the Planetary Nework every so often without my doing anything (at least that I know of)

Not sure how to ssh into machine.
Does the JSON log help?

{
“version”: 0,
“contractId”: 9375,
“nodeId”: 2462,
“name”: “Trailer2462”,
“created”: 1668194466,
“status”: “ok”,
“message”: “”,
“flist”: “https://hub.grid.tf/tf-official-apps/presearch-v2.2.flist”,
“publicIP”: null,
“planetary”: “300:5f57:c3ea:75a:3065:58c1:88a9:586d”,
“interfaces”: [
{
“network”: “nwx2qv56xkm9”,
“ip”: “10.200.2.2”
}
],
“capacity”: {
“cpu”: 1,
“memory”: 1024
},
“mounts”: [
{
“name”: “diskx2qv56xkm9”,
“mountPoint”: “/var/lib/docker”,
“size”: 10737418240,
“state”: “ok”,
“message”: “”
}
],
“env”: {
“SSH_KEY”: “”,
“PRESEARCH_REGISTRATION_CODE”: “5f8ab880d85b61de7dda512327a29710”,
“PRESEARCH_BACKUP_PRI_KEY”: “”,
“PRESEARCH_BACKUP_PUB_KEY”: “”
},
“entrypoint”: “/sbin/zinit init”,
“metadata”: “{“type”:“vm”,“name”:“Trailer2462”,“projectName”:“Presearch”}”,
“description”: “presearch node”,
“corex”: false

Scott, great Quick Start guide. Thumbs up, very clear. Created my very fist deployment with it in quite fast I might add. Keep up the good work.
On addition to it I only generated an SSH key with PuTTY while setting up the deployment.

However I am also waiting(1hour till now) for the node to show in the presearch dashboard.

That’s quite long for Presearch to recognize the node. Never took so long for me.
If it doesn’t show up the next hour you might wanna check the deployment.

Noup still nothing. 15h and counting, created another one in playground just in case, both of them are with 1cpu, 1gb ram, 10gb HDD/SSD, and billing 0.15592 TFT/hour per node.

Nothing in the Presearch Node Dashboard yet.

Thanks @antongreydon and also thanks for the report @3bolt.

I did some investigation today and it turns out the problem reported above wasn’t full solved by the update released by our dev team. I’ve reopened the issue with a suggested fix.

Indeed, the TFT per hour will change as the price of TFT fluctuates. I also checked during my testing, and the update to reduce the resources allocated to nodes hasn’t been pushed out on mainnet yet. I’ll update again in this thread when that’s live.

Not at all. In this case, Planetary Network just provides a way to be able to connect to the deployment for troubleshooting or management purposes (like making a copy of your node’s keys, for example). If you’re not familiar with SSH, there’s nothing to worry about with regard to Planetary Network and your Presearch node deployments.

I did notice that after deleting and retrying one of my failed deployments, it worked the second time. They should show up pretty much instantly in the Pre dashboard, so for any that don’t, redeploying could be worth a shot until we get the problem solved.

1 Like

Hi,

Did you resolve the issue with deploying your nodes? I do see that there is no stake amount for the not active nodes. If you freshly created them, you need to make sure they have the correct amount of tokens staked to them. If you transferred them, then that amount should be still displayed in the dashboard, but it isn’t with you. I believe there were some incidents where people lost their grandfather status when moving/relocation to another vps. And ended up to stake the new higher amount of coins.
Hope this might put you in the right direction of fixing the issues, if you still have them.
Greetings,

Jefke

The issue is still not resolved. Node deployments are not showing as “connected” on Presearch. That has nothing to do with staking. Staking and unstaking has always worked.
There is no staked amount on my nodes that are not online because I obviously unstaked it all once they became disconnected and transfered all tokens to the only node (Singapore) that has always remained connected.

Today, I deployed mine and even after all the issue I had, I find it quite easy to do now. I selected a local EU farm for my node and used the restore function. It is working for me without issue so far (about 5hrs).
Did you create new nodes or did you move them from another VPS service?

If you guys have any node numbers that you have had trouble on, could you provide those, this opportunity sometimes involving individual nodes performance the cad be checked into