Facing errors when installing ZeroOS

Hello guys, kindly assist with this, I have a server with internet connection and DHCP enabled, I have enabled UDP/TCP ports as well, when I install ZeroOS I face this error, kindly help.

Hello,

Can you attempt the 2steps mentioned below and provide us screenshots to review this further? You can send them over to our live support (blue chat icon at the bottom right of this page), and we’ll be happy to assist there.

• Ping the url (bootstrap.grid.tf) and check the IP reported by ping command.
  • Ping the URL on another computer on the same network.

Hello,
Sory for delay, I am able to ping bootsrap.grid.tf from another computer on the same network
Screenshot 2024-02-03 122914

Still getting the same error despite that I can ping bootstrap.grid.tf

Looks like the failure here is actually on DNS lookup for the bootstrap URL. We can see Zos is trying to reach [::1]:53. That doesn’t make sense because it’s the ipv6 loopback address, which means Zos is trying to query itself for DNS.

I’d take a look at your router settings to check if ::1 is configured as a DNS server that’s handed to devices over DHCP. Zos takes its DNS servers only from the local router.

1 Like

Hello Scott,
I solved the error by replacing another router, now I get an error of no disks registration failed, does it need to be installed with SSD?

Yes, nodes require some SSD for the cache. The optimal balance for earnings is 100gb of SSD and 8gb of RAM for each vCPU. Zos will run fine with less though.

Hello Scott,
I now get the following error, kindly assist what is an issue

These latest “errors” are a normal part of the network initialization. Just give it some more time and it should move on. If not, then there’s indeed an issue.