Note: The below proposal was approved and executed at Block 3508279.
As of ThreeFold Grid v3.6.1, the DAO functionality has been live on TF Chain, and today we’re thrilled to announce that the first TF Chain (L1) DAO proposal is now live and ready for voting!
While we’ve been using DAO votes here on the forum to make decisions for some time, this will be the first time that an on-chain vote can directly initiate new functionality in TF Chain. This is a very exciting step towards decentralization whereby Grid stakeholders are in direct control of the future of the network.
This proposal is regarding the creation of the Gold Certified Farming Policy on TF Chain. The Gold Certified Farming was approved via a Grid Enhancement Proposal on the forum, and now we are opening the vote for the implementation of the policy on the blockchain.
How to Vote
Farmers with active nodes are eligible to participate and can vote in the ThreeFold Dashboard: dashboard.grid.tf. This particular DAO vote only needs ten votes to pass, as the proposal has already been approved via the forum (this is just about implementation), although you may continue to vote until the end of the voting period.
If you’re not already set up on the dashboard and you’d like to get started, you can follow the instructions here. (Note that in the documentation the dashboard is referred to as the portal.)
Once logged in, click on Portal, then your Account, and then DAO. You should now see the proposal on your screen along with the option to vote. Note it might take one or two seconds to show up.
Want to become a Gold Certified Farmer?
At the end of the voting period, if the vote has been approved, the policy will be enacted on TF Chain. Early next week we will create and share a forum topic about how to become a Gold Certified Farmer.
You will want to prepare ahead of time materials to verify you meet the agreed-upon requirements:
- Hardware approved by the DAO (please provide details of your hardware)
- Minimum 5 IPv4 addresses per server
- Two power supplies or PDU with 2 power feeds which automatically fails over
- Two routers per rack (connections to internet)
- At least Two Internet Service Provider connections
- Tier 3 or 4 data center certified to ISO 27001
- Uptime 99.8%
- Network connection at least 1GBit/sec per TBD nr of CU/SU
- Geographic decentralization - no more than one full datacenter rack per TBD Region size unless and until utilization in that rack is > 50%.
- The 3Nodes need to be certified (can be done by TFTech or other actors on blockchain)