just a quick one, the engineering team is working hard in finalizing 3.8 but we had to break open the sprint and work on the network issue, this also caused delay on our farmerbot for the power management.
More generic info can be found on TF Product Updates: December 2022 (TFGrid v3.8.0 Updates)
some of the features
- much more easy to use weblets for starters
- get mastodon: https://getmastodon.threefold.io/
- lots of improvements in billing, provisioning, …
- performance on graphql layer
- solutions billing, everyone can now built on top = 3e party billing
- a new monitoring solution delivers so much more insights
we had a blocker to resolve which caused delay
As some of you know we got scalability issues on the planetary network, the one which based on Yggdrasil (the wireguard one is ok). Thanks to the community we have been able to understand much more and some changes will be done to improve the situation, but we still don’t trust it.
it looks like we ended up being a too large part of this decentralized network and this caused stability issues. There is more info further on this forum.
Our RPC (Remote Procedure Calls) message bus (RMB) was using it and this was causing timeouts, we decided to come up with other solution for the RPC part which is an improved version of our RMB (Reliable Message Bus) which has not support for proxy mode.
A lot of new work had to be done to work around this issue see:
This is now done, timeouts should no longer occur.
maintenance release & bug fixed
There are lots of fixed and small improvements done.
The process can be followed on https://github.com/orgs/threefoldtech/projects/194/views/1
- power management, we had to give priority to some other features, will be there in 2-3 weeks max