SSD miraculously moves from SRU to HRU

I have a node where a 4TB and another 1TB SSD are installed. The node was onboarded in March 2022 and is working fine since. I just checked the farm in Grid Explorer and realised that the 1TB SSD is listed as HRU?! The node wasn’t touched since it was onboarded. Up time is shown with 1 Month, 1 Week.

What’s even more crazy is that I have another node which has the exact same hardware specs and this node shows the second 1TB SSD together with the 4TB SSD as SRU correctly.

What’s going on??? Any ideas?

Hello Dany,

Looking at this, it seems that part of the SSD may have been detected as HDD. This happens occasionally and is usually remedied with a reboot. We’ve also come across a few cases wherein the explorer auto corrected the HW specs without a reboot as well. You can take a look at this post here: Node Details Section in Explorer V3 renders incorrect HW Specs

thanks for you reply. So you want me to reboot the node or not?

Yes - a reboot should help as well if the explorer did not auto correct it.

Done! It works.

Will this have influence on rewards for that node?

I would assume so since the rewards are based off the weakest configuration during a billing period.

As per @scott 's advice on the initial topic: The minting logic would see this as an upgrade and only reward for the originally detected specs. In these cases, it’s likely we should be able to compensate the differences after an investigation.

1 Like

sounds good! Let’s see what happens. Thanks!

I missed that one. Where can i read how this works?

It was a comment somewhere, I don’t think its in any documentation.

This issue is the best place to read about the how and why of the current implementation, I think. Revisiting it reminds me that there are some unanswered questions about how capacity additions and reductions work when the entry price starts changing.

And revisiting this thread reminded me to open an issue about this. I’ve done so and hoefully we’ll have a fix soon.