Resources Pricing Calculator Questions

Hi Guys

I am playing with the https://dashboard.grid.tf/calculator/calculator and it works pretty neat!

One thing i notice when testing multiple times is the amount of TFT that i need to reach the gold package is changing. First time around 45000 TFT was enough and my dedicated node price gold package was 500TFT/month - second time around 49000 TFT was needed and my dedicated node price gold package was 537.27TFT/month.

Just to understand how it works -

1. Is the amount of TFT constant when talking about bronze, silver and gold package or is it a estimate that is affected by price of USD and TFT?

2. If not constant how can i be sure that i have enough TFT on my account to keep my gold status?

3. And a last question for now - How long time will bronze, silver and gold package exists?

Hi @faldt

1. Is the amount of TFT constant when talking about bronze, silver and gold package or is it a estimate that is affected by price of USD and TFT?

Indeed, this amount is not constant. It is designed as a staking discount and is automatically applied while billing for the amount resource you rent. It depends on the TFT amount you have in your account at the moment the contract is billed (each 1h), following the table here https://library.threefold.me/info/manual/#/manual__proof_of_utilization_manual?id=discount-on-staked-tokens. So it is an evolutive status in time, depending on the resource you currently rent and the amount you currently have in your account at billing time. Is that clear enough?

FYI: the documentation will be updated soon (for TFGrid 3.10 upgrade) with better explanation :wink:

1. If not constant how can i be sure that i have enough TFT on my account to keep my gold status?

In consequence of above, since it’s evolutive you ll never be sure unless you do some maths, use the calculator or have a lot of TFT in your account.

1. And a last question for now - How long time will bronze, silver and gold package exists?

No idea, but I can tell you that there will be some improvement on the staking discount with TFGrid 3.10

1 Like

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

1 Like