Password not working

Hi,

Seems I am the first one with the issue. Can’t find any advice on how to restore your active profile in playground.
Yesterday I created an account to deploy a presearch node. Had some issue to get it done, but eventually got it to work. Problem is that I selected my own 3node to deploy it to, but that interferes with the already running presearch node on another pc. So, I wanted to change the server I want to deploy the node on. But I can’t log in. It says password not correct. For crypto, I use a couple different ones, but I know which one I used for this account. My thought is that I by mistake double pressed a key or 2 at the same time, maybe had caps on without know or numlock off, I don’t know. But I tried many variations of that one, with no luck.
When creating the account, why was there not a 2nd re-enter password to verify that the password matches the first?
Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,

Jefke

Hey this is an easy fix, just recreate your profile manager with a new password using the same words and ssh key as you did before, and your deployment will be back where they belong.

Your login is stored locally right now so that only you have access to your words, so occasionally it may soar to disappear, but really it’s just the “cookie” disappearing and recreating it will link all of your deployments.

3 Likes

Hi ParkerS,

You are my Hero! Thank you for the help. I was going nuts last night, couldn’t figure it out and didn’t know what to do next either.
Greetings,

Jefke

BTW: It did happen again. As soon as I close the browser and re-open. It doesn’t recognize the password. Very frustrating! There should be a fix for this. I shouldn’t have to create a profile each time I closes and re-open the browser.

Could it be you have your browser set to delete cookies and other history when closing the browser? If so, that file gets deleted everytime. Indeed a bit frustrating.
TF is aware and they’re working on a fix, somehting like storing that file on the chain rather than localI recall. Until that time, stop wiping it :wink:

2 Likes