Nodeshop & Order FAQ

Here is a list of FAQs about the 3Node pre-order shop we have gathered over the last weeks. If you have a question you feel should be listed here as well, feel free to put them in a reply. We will always answer them for you and list them if we feel it’s a question that needs to be highlighted as well.

• How many 3Nodes are available?

We are currently not limiting the 3Nodes orders at this time, but could at any point in time. The current hardware market is facing shortages due to the pandemic limiting shipping from certain regions as well as the booming of certain mining blockchain projects.

We’re right now procuring according to the demand with a margin.

• Can I order more than 1 3Node?

We do not limit anyone on order quantities however, we would like to stress an important point.
The Smaller 3Nodes are designed to run on everyday internet connections. Running multiple 3Nodes in one location that has no access to a high-grade (fiber) connection would have a direct impact on the 3Node’s performance.

• Can I add an external HDD to my 3Node?

At this point in time, we do not support USB disks to be used for farming. This might be something for the future release if the quality of external drives keeps progressing as they are.

• When Will the Nodes Be Shipped?

We aim to ship all 3Nodes for all regions together with our partners in September/October 2021.
Keep in mind we will process orders per region in which we:

• List all regions
  • Procure hardware as close to these regions as possible
  • Distribute hardware on a first-come-first-serve basis per region

You can find all the latest on shipping here.

• What is included in the price of the 3Node Titan v2.1?

The current price includes:

• 3Node Titan v2.1

• Installing the 3Node to be “plug and earn”.

• A 2-year carry-in warranty

• What is the power consumption of the Titan v2.1 ?

Some preliminary tests show usage of:

15 W when it’s idle. (roughly 10.8 KWh/month)
40 W when it’s running at full speed. (roughly 21.6 KWh/month)

• How much does the Titan v2.1 Farm in TFT?

You can check our farming simulator and how much the Titan v2.1 would earn. You can download the simulator mentioned there to stimulate your scenarios, but keep in mind that these are YOUR simulations and that ThreeFold cannot guarantee any token prices over time.

• Where can 3Nodes be shipped?

We right now have distribution partners for Europe, North America, Asia, and Oceania. And we’re at the moment looking into distribution partners for Africa and South America.

5 Likes

Thank you for the run down @Roel - That is very helpful :slight_smile:
Such exciting times ahead :rocket: :tanabata_tree: :world_map:

1 Like

I downloaded the faming simulator but am having trouble with understanding some of the economics and calculations. Is there a minimum / average / maximum guidelines you can provide when it comes to mining with the new 2.1 Node? I.E. at a minimum you should receive 50 TFT/Month. Average Utilization = up to 100/month. Max the hardware can mine = 200/month?

Hi Silverwrench, thank you for your question.

We have some example calculations in the wiki:

https://threefold.io/info/threefold#/threefold__titan_v2_1

It also explains the parameters we used. Keep in mind these are simulations and not investment advice as we can’t guarantee anything about the numbers shown.

I hope this helps you understand the way the calculator works better. Do keep in mind this is a Titan v2.1 with certification (impacts the token reward).

2 Likes

Hello,
I want to cancel my pre-order. How can i cancel the transaction?

Hi, is there a way to pay in crypto for the 3node device?

Please email info@threefold.io with your order number to cancel your order and receive a refund.

1 Like

Not yet, but it’s something we’re looking into!

1 Like

I am order number 422
Ordered July 19th
I haven’t recieved an email from farming yet.
How long does it normally take?