My first ThreeFold Project - Mining Verus Coin (VRSC) using the ThreeFold Grid

I may draw some people from the Verus Community to the ThreeFold Grid in the near future :slight_smile:

As mentioned earlier a had a plan to mine and stake Verus Coin (VRSC) using the ThreeFold Grid. The last couples of weeks i have been testing different kinds of solutions and setups. And i think it is durable and it could be a great win for both Verus and ThreeFold.

Verus is secured by cpu mining, cpu staking and decentralization - all three things which ThreeFold do very well.

Now Verus are very close to complete the release of their Public Blockchain as a Service - every time a new PBaaS, currency or verusID (advance NFT) is created - the miners gets their fair share. That means that people want to mine Verus when things gets hot.

If you are curious and want to know more - check out my youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce8uZAZXxhQ

4 Likes

Is CPU selection important for VRSC?

1 Like

Yes - it could be a nice feature - Verus only use CPU power and the local memory in the CPU. Therefore will the type of CPU and model have an impact on the hashrate.

In this spread sheet you can find different cpu’s and their performance mining Verus Coin.

When staking Verus Coin every CPU type will do well.

I want to say someone was able to scan CPU models? @scott?

1 Like

There was something quite a while ago.
I’m wondering for quite a while why so little other crypto projects use the grid. Streamr, presearch. A few other partnerships were announced but never heard of them again like POKT.

1 Like