Issues deploying presearch through restore

Hi,

I am having issue deploying a presearch node using the restore tab. I have backed up my keys, but these are files id_rsa and id_rsa.pub. I ran the command line to create the key pairs, but they don’t show the actual keys needed to add in the restore tab. I also can’t load the files into that space.
Another thing I had happen was that I got an error message saying that the Presearch Registeration Code was incorrect under the base tab, while I just copied that straight from their site.
Final thing, I saw someone mentioning Timpi. I would like to see this added to the deployment list as well.
Thank you!

Greetings,

Jefke

PS: Forgot to ask, I did calculate the needed tft in wallet to get the 60% discount. What if the price drops even further and the amount of tft needed increases? Will I need to make sure I adjust the total amount in wallet to make sure I always have enough for 36 months to benefit from the 60% discount?

Hi,

I was able to get the keys from my presearch node. When I added them in the correct box, with -----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- and -----END PUBLIC KEY-----, for both public and private. I still couldn’t select deploy. I have enough tft in my wallet for 36+ months. Is there a step that i am missing? Account is activated.

Greetings,

Jefke

You need to select a node first, which is able to provide you with the right capacity. Do you want to use an IPv4 address or the planetary network to deploy a node ?

1 Like

Hi,

I finally got it all to work. Thanks for the tip to provide the correct capacity, completely forgot thanks to stressing over not getting the correct keys. At the moment, I have it set with planetary network. But it seems the node is not showing up on their network. It’s still offline and its been 10 hours now since deployment. Any idea what might be causing this, what to do?
Thanks for the support!

Greetings,

Jefke

1 Like

Hey here jefke, sorry this went Unanswered, but I don’t believe a vm with only planetary network will support a presearch node, the most reliable is going to be a vm with a public ipv4, you also have the option of setting up one presearch node per gateway node without a public ipv4, though I’m unsure if it tell you whether it’s currently in use already perhaps @scott can add?

You don’t need to reserve a public IPv4 for a Presearch node. Since it only needs to make outbound connections, the first deployment on each farm is able to take advantage of the IPv4 of the node or upstream at the router (technically farms that have multiple nodes with public IPs could support more, but per farms keeps things simple). The playground will block multiple deployments to the same farm, unless the later deployments reserve a public IPv4.

There’s a known issue I’ve reported to our developers, where Pre nodes sometimes fail to start up because the connection to download the Docker image times out and is not retried. If you have the skills, you can SSH in over Planetary Network and repair this. Redeploying on the same node might do the trick too.