Approve Specs Gold Certified Farming
Dear community we would like to ask your approval for the definition of gold certified farming.
In order to grow utilization on the grid, we need to be known for being as reliable as any of the major cloud service providers.
In order to do that, we need to attract and retain the highest quality hardware and keep it connected with an SLA that matches AWS/Azure.
Gold Farming Qualification requirements:
- Hardware purchased from a recognized vendor (approved by DAO - initially HPE & ThreeFold itself)
- Minimum 5 IPv4 addresses per server
- Two power supplies or PDU with 2 power feeds which automatically fails over
- Two routers per rack (connections to internet)
- At least Two Internet Service Provider connections
- Tier 3 or 4 data center certified to ISO 27001
- Uptime 99.8%
- Network connection at least 1GBit/sec per TBD nr of CU/SU
- Geographic decentralization - no more than one full datacenter rack per TBD Region size unless and until utilization in that rack is > 50%.
- The 3Nodes need to be certified (can be done by TFTech or other actors on blockchain)
Farming reward simulator.
The gold certified farming is updated in this calculator (50% more farming reward and better SU calculation price).
Please note that each Certified farm will have to be approved by the TFGRID DAO.
TODO: link to GEP to approve specs of new TFGRID DAO improvements
- OK with definition & specs of certified gold farming
- Not OK
Once poll approved the wiki and simulator on https://simulator.grid.tf/ will be adjusted.