Farming Rewards are locked for two years?

Did I understand correctly? Farming Rewards are locked for two years? it really means that we cannot moove them for two years? can someone please confirm and or explain?

1 Like

Hi @farmingtech. Here you can find the description off and how proof of capacity works.

Although it is stated that the farming rewards are staked this is not implemented yet. So to date all farmed tokens that are locked are voluntarily locked

3 Likes

Can you expand on “voluntarily locked”?

That is very interesting. Thank you!

I could use the TFT I farmed so far to pay for utility on the Grid?

Sure - a while ago we asked the farmers to lock (vest) their tokens as a favor. Most of the farmers locked their tokens as their was very little liquidity at that time and usage was not growing either. So they “locked” (vested) voluntarily.

And the TFT token is the token to pay for utility on the grid, so definitely you can do that.

1 Like

Weynand…

So for now we are able to use the tokens we get immediately by selling it on PancakeSwap or whatever?

Is there an ETA for when the mandatory Locking/Staking will be implemented?

@cjasus730 This will be a topic that needs DAO attention. We (ThreeFold Foundation) have always had this in the tokonomy description and models but never implemented. Now that the governance structure is changing to a DAO structure this will be a DAO topic as it is an important one.

So priority i to get this DAO established with the voting structure and then table topics to take a position on. IMHO this will take a few weeks / months so your tokens minted this months and the next one will certainly not be locked up…

Nice.
Understood.

My .2 is that implementing a lockup period like that might discourage many of the DIYers.
Being that TFT is a utility token in the first place, what would be the reason to put such a strong mechanism in place to avoid sales pressure?