Threefold Ops team looking for NVMe nodes

Normal farming rewards can be found here: https://library.threefold.me/info/threefold#/tfgrid/farming/threefold__farming_reward
So a normal farmer gets 0.38 TFT/GB. A gold farmer get 50% more for NU (traffic), IP rewards stay the same: 0.06 TFT/hour

Traffic is hard to predict, for example it’s very dependent on the amount of peers you configure. For BSC, you need a ridiculous amount of peers (200+) to stay in sync because many nodes do not upgrade. Which in turn generates a lot of traffic. A full BSC node with 200+ peers easily generates 2 to 3TB of traffic a month.
Our ETH nodes did 3TB down and 4TB up in 50 days (that’s including sync from 0 and with the Lighthouse consensus client).

1 Like

Yes indeed, if a node is about the same specs that we need for a specific workload, we rather rend the node as dedicated.

Currently there are no extra rewards for resource reservation and/or load apart from the rewards mentioned above. In v4, this could change indeed.

No problem, we will keep looking.
If we don’t find enough public IPs we will have no choice then to look for alternatives (wireguard gateways that come with the next upgrade).

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + 128 GB RAM
Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB NVMe (can be upgraded to 4TB or 6TB)
50 TB HDD storage
1 public IP is assigned to router (1:1 NAT) in that network
1Gbit (up/down) connection to internet
Node ID = 837

Is the above acceptable?

Yes (if 4TB NVMe) but we would need the public IP. The one on your router will not work, you need at least one extra from your ISP.
Please share your node ID so we can test it when we’re going for an alternative solution to expose the chain nodes.

Hi Linkmark,

I have looked into the specs further. I can get another 2TB ssd this week if needed to have a total of 4TB. My internet is symmetric, 1Gbit up- and download. I only have 1IP address from ISP, but it would probably be to expensive to get another one just for these tests now. Prices are 25/month for the first 8months there after 49/month. At the current spike in electricity charges, my farms are not that profitable (if they are, but here for the long haul). So, I would like to help and support the project. But if it is required to have another IP, I will have to pass unfortunately.

Greetings Jefke

No problem, we are looking into a solution to expose the chain nodes via a grid gateway config. If I can get this to work for our bridges, we won’t have to use wireguard configs and it could become feasible to run these nodes without public IPs.

Give us some time to figure this out and test it properly and I’ll come back to you guys with the result.
One thing we definitely need is 4TB or more of NVMe storage per node.

Hi…
Don’t have them running atm, due to not receiving proper rewards for those, but I have:
2 x DL360 Gen10, currently with 8 x standard bay (have ssd’s 12g up to 3.84TB), and have 2 x NVME bay.

And 1 x DL360 Gen10 with 10 x NVME bay.
Currently have 2 x 20c cpu / total 80 threads with higher ghz, also 512gb ram +, can be altered… Also has 10GB connections, fiber/rj45 of choice.
Have 4 x 1.6TB NVME and 10 x 3.2TB NVME for these machines. PCI slots still free as well.

Don’t have public IP (yet), could look if it’s possible. But you guys have a DC in Belgium right? Renting for use there also fine.
Have option to 1GB down/up fiber.

Damn, nice hardware. Gen10’s are also quite recent.
Since we don’t find many public IPs, the biggest requirement is NVMe storage. If we can, we want to reserve around 6TB of NVMe storage per BSC node. To not have to prune too much.
What’s your farm id?

I will start the gateway tests soon (so we don’t need public ip’s) and will choose some random nodes to test. Unless some community members prefer us to choose their node.

I believe I can’t send you a PM, but yes quite recent indeed…G11 not available (yet).

Those machines with 2 NVMEslots can have 2 x 3.2TB = 6.4TB, then the 10SFF version could have 25.6TB NVME.

No ID for these yet, haven’t launched them, but you can always contact me to have a chat about it.