The role of the CPU in farming rewards

Hi,

I have quickly created the following spreadsheet. Just some basic calculations, what were my initial setup costs, running cost and estimated how much I earn. I haven’t done a CPU benchmark test on both machines, because I have never done that before. Have to look that one up. Still have to learn a lot! Hope this helps. If I made a mistake, please let me know, so I can adjust the spreadsheet.

Greetings,

Jefke

1 Like

I think it’s to your own choice. But regarding the “consumer based society trap” i’m not a 100% on your side. This is true, but your off one 1 import thing here, why does every year people buy the newest Iphone, why do people buy the newest gadgets and the newest things. It’s becuase consumers have nearly no idea what’s actually the truth. You’re saying is 100% correct but you’re still in the 1% group just like a lot if IT guys here, we know and we know what are the best options.

But because we’re a new project you can’t excpect the people that read us to believe us right away. Because saying “DDR3 v2 etc it’s all the same” will inderctly lead in saying “Oh INTEL lied to you” because there actaully selling something worthless that we IT’s maesure and come te the point with with this is not needed at all.

But this is not how the consumer things, you have to know like i said earlier you’re in the 1%, it’s not about arguing here that you should say DDR3 is perfectly fine. But more the fact that you should convince people using the Grid that it’s a simple comperasant. The problem is: you are using these processors from the same company youself. So technincly i can say you buy and indirectly invest in a company that sell’s not much better CPU’s every year. So explain that to the people that you’re using CPU’s but also say to people that already invested in newer hardware.

I think no one here is “Intel certified” and can say in the name of Intel what the’re doing is maddness. Because my DL360 g9 is x2 expensive as the older brother the g8.

Hearing TF has hardware all the way from 2010 to 2022 and then hearing big entreprises where you can deploy workloads have the newest hardware the decsision is made fast. We’re still new don’t forget that.

I don’t say you’re wrong but it’s about selling to the public (mostly). Not about which one is actaully faster, it will suprise you how many people choose the wrong side when there is a better trustfull story. I see it all the time. Buying a Mac $4000 compared to a windows Pc $1500 that has the same specs. It’s not performace you looking here at but the thrustworthy and software and a little but brand offcourse. For that i also think we can raelly imporve the userfriendness of TF

I would like to see from you how they diffrentiate in business (production):
Maybe it’s good to take some things like wordpress and compare them to a side to side. And then show what’s the difference and if there even is a difference.

I keep telling this, but the public is never as smart as yourselves. We’re all IT’s and we’re a little stubborn but in this case i really advise to point to the public and not your own thoughts. It’s the public you must describe that that 5000 “benchmark” and that 1000 “megaHertz” won’t make a difference.

Regarding rewards. There is one thing that can’t be changed, even if they are better or not. There is a difference in model.

Altough that iphone 12 maybe not much better than the 11 you can sell it for 50% minimum more. The same goes for cpu’s and the price differences in servers. For that reason you should theoretically sell the 3node (iphone 12) for more then the (iphone 11).

1 Like

You are right. I love this tech giants, and I my self do buy new gen this new gen that, - servers also although for different purpose. But then again, from a different perspective, In between the lines of this lecture is exactly my point.

1 Like