Incentive for farmers to attract workloads

What happens with the 0-25% solution provider & sales channel cut when neither are used?
I mean if I simply deploy a VM on the grid myself, no sales channel is used. The solution provider in this case is the creator of the VM-Weblet (ThreeFold foundation)? If that is the case, is it even possible to deploy anything on the grid without using a solutions provider?

1 Like

Very good question @jakubprogramming

I think this documentation might clarify some notions here.

• Each solution provider and sales channel gets registered in TFChain and as such the distribution can be defined and calculated at billing time.
  • For billing purposes, ThreeFold DAO will check if it is from a known sales channel or solution provider. If yes, then the billing smart contract code will know how to distribute the TFTs. If the channel of solution provider is not known, then the 50% will go to a DAO owned Community Grant Wallet.
  • For Certified Farming, ThreeFold Tech can define the solution & sales channel parameters, these are channels as provided by ThreeFold Tech.

Source: TF Library

2 Likes

I’ve not checked the TF Library for some time, as it usually seemed not always to be completely up to date. Maybe this has changed? Anyway thanks for clarifying this!

1 Like

Oh the library has had a massive overhaul.

2 Likes

Check it out. I visited it for the first time in a long time and was impressed.

2 Likes