GEP - Minting and Farming Rewards Updates (March 2024)

Genius

Also thanks for taking the time to write this reply.

1 Like

Sorry but iā€™m totally confused regarding all of this. If possible could someone answer the following questions in layman terms.

1. How many coins out of the billion are remaining before we will stop mining on stellar?
  2. What will happen to any rewards once the billion is reached. I will be happy to keep my servers on as long as im earning enough to cover my electricity bill
  3. DDR3, both of my servers are DDR3, 256 GB and 512. I will be extremely disappointing if these are deemed not good enough.
    4, I was about to purchase a third server but not so sure now.

Thanks in advance and I apologise as these questions have probably been answered earleir

Itā€™s funny that we started out as a project that aims to give the internet back to the people, to make it more decentralized, and we end up with the same formulation that we wanted to get away from!
Either way:

1. Either weā€™ve been sold bullshit, or
  2. They donā€™t have the necessary courage to resist nascent totalitarianism.
    In both cases, the obvious ending:
    The end of a very interesting project!
    And with two consequences:
  3. It doesnā€™t fulfill the promises of an internet by the people for the people, and
  4. It wonā€™t be a financial success.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

The tokenomics of this project seems to have been designed by a German engineer!

And it could be so simple!
Users paid with TFT for the resources they used and farmers received TFT to the extent that the resources they had made available had been used.
It required that all resources be viewed from a P2P perspective and that the Operating System be able to do the accounting for them.

And it could be so simple!
Users paid with TFT for the resources they used and farmers received TFT to the extent that the resources they had made available had been used.
It required that all resources be viewed from a P2P perspective and that the Operating System be able to do the accounting for them.
So in order to win TFTs, farmers would be keen to have as many computing resources and time online as possible. No certification was required as systems where ZeroOS didnā€™t work were excluded from participation. It would be an incentive for them to have their DIY systems as compatible as possible with the needs of the network.
So in order to win TFTs, farmers would be keen to have as many computing resources and time online as possible. No certification was required as systems where ZeroOS didnā€™t work were excluded from participation. It would be an incentive for them to have their DIY systems as compatible as possible with the needs of the network.
As it stands today, itā€™s a huge mess that nobody understands and which the patches made canā€™t respect, making the whole thing a huge spaghetti.
A set of such interesting and liberating ideas of good technology down the drain.

Hope that helps:

1. There will be 1 billion TFT as a max supply. Around 942 millions TFT are out there so far. So 58 millions remaining to be minted.
  2. Once we reach 1 billion TFT, we stop minting TFT and farming rewards will come from the TF Treasury. So the farming rewards will not change. You will farm as many TFT as you did before.
  3. We are not doing anything to DDR3 in this GEP. Nothing to worry about.
2 Likes

What you are describing here is a system based on utilization. I think it is a good system and we are indeed moving toward this kind of system. TFGrid 4.0 aims to be focused on utilization instead of capacity.

The grid has known many updates and improvements since its first inception. A big part of the first phase was to grow the grid, and thus we had a system based on capacity (proof-of-capacity).

Now we are incorporating utilization revenues (with proof-of-utilization rewards). So with this GEP, farmers will receive 50% of the utilization revenues and on top of this they still get the rewards from proof-of-capacity.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

Thanks for this. Thought I had replied yesterday but can not see it now.

1 Like

Yeah I see with the ā€œadminā€ view that 2 of your replies got deleted.

Well, in all cases, glad that it helped! Have a good day.

Please donā€™t go to that KYC sort of thing!
If the moto is the internet from the people for the people we don`t need these sort of thing! We have lost privacy and with that our liberty. We could do better!
I know you appel for public IPs, but more important is those public IPs could be a portal (like a VPN) to another Internet inside the threefold chain. We could have our own DNS (a solution similar for example to NoIP). Our farms ID could well be the TFchain IP, therefore maintening a space of liberty, an internet really from the People for the People.
Soon they ill take all from us: ā€œYou own nothing, and you will be happy!ā€ [Not me!]