GEP for stricter minting rules [Closed]

This would be huge because I tend to have a large chunk of nodes that do not go back to sleep due to the random/scheduled conflict. If I don’t manually run a script daily that combats this, I can sometimes have up to half of my farm(s) stay awake.

The dev’s and team did really a great job keeping the farmers happy (introducing farmerbot), but this change is working against it in all ways. and we are lightly adviced not to use farmerbot…
So much work and effort is put in farmerbot, and without farmerbot and with this tft price it is not realistic to keep a farm running.

If a node is standby(so not used at all), why does it has to be so strict…
There is no workload so does anyone care if the node comes online the same day, or every 24hours …?
We cant even have faillures at boot on “not in use” nodes or the whole month is lost.
so 100% uptime for all nodes is almost not possible anymore
imagine a farm with 10 nodes it has around 300 wakups in 30days (not counting randomwakups), and they all have to be green? maybe with 10 nodes it is possible but how many of us have 50+ nodes (50nodes are 1500wakups!!!)

There is also no way atm to know if you got a violation or not. And if you think you got a violation you have 3 options for the rest of the month

1. Dont bother and let it be => agree with no payment
  2. Keep the node offline for the rest of the month => save electricity
  3. Wipe the disk, change farmbot, 3 mins of work and you got a new nodeid => you get at least something (the violation got kinda bypassed and you are good to go again)
    so all 3 options make no sense for a node that is “not in use”.

A fair violation would be just for that day no minting, but the whole month for something you cant really deal with on time because you are always to late.

(ps: Nodes with a workload is something else, but they just boot once)
(ps2: there is to much negative energy with this change and its not really something that we need at this moment)

4 Likes

In addition, the farmers who operate the farmerbot are active community members who actively engage with the threefold project, promote it and take on all sorts of topics in our forum and Telegram. I think this sends the wrong message to active members of the community. Farmers who have simply had their nodes running idle 24/7 for years hardly have any problems with minting. For reasons of sustainability and economy, I see the Farmerbot as an absolute unique selling point of the project for farmers as well as sustainable users. Threefold should be held accountable for this.

3 Likes

No reaction from the team within 4 days??? Not even a “we have to take a look at this, we’ll get back to you!”. Is this going the same way like the other things that went “complicated” for you guys, after those topics have been “DAO” approved in a way how you liked it but turned out to be a pain in the a** for most of the community?? So is famerbot/power-saving history now??? Would be great to know! could save us some time! Would you please be so kind and let us know if you guys are even investigating this?!?! Thanks!

Hey Dany!

We are indeed actively working on a solution for this whole situation and I think it will be good for the farmers.

An official statement should be shared soon.

The team really took/is taking this seriously and we wanted to have some clear communication.

The team has also been very active on TG and the support chat to help farmers with minting issues.