GEP Farming v3 Start Price June 2022 and v2 Minting!

GEP Farming Start Price May 2022 - DAO - ThreeFold Forum

This is a extension of the May thread, I think the discussion for June needs to the start a lot sooner to give enough people time to vote and the team to consider a response a changes, I have added 2 polls here as I think both topics are related.

• Continue with 8cts
  • Do Not Continue

0 voters

• Continue Minting TFT for V2
  • Do Not Continue Minting TFT for V2

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m not sure about continuing 0.08.
Could somebody elaborate cons and pros of it?

The two main ones I could think are the following.
Pros:
attracts new farmers and grows the network for the betterment of the project.

Cons:
too many tokens being minted, early adaptors who were quick to support the new grid may feel hard done by as the entry price has remained the same for 4 to 5 months!

1 Like

Cons. No one will start a node with the price set above 8 cents when TFT is below 8 cents.

7 Likes

I understand your position, and I agree mostly, but at the same time, the TFT price for farming simply translates to how much TFT you farm per month. The higher the TFT price, the less your farm TFT, etc.

So technically, it simply reduces the ROI of the 3node if the TFT farming entry price is above the real TFT price.

As the V2 minting is based on emails, could we sent a V2 to V3 migration email at the same time that we send V2 minting emails, for the month of April, usually sent around early May?

Thus we can announce that, in June, V2 will not mint any more TFT. Farmers would have 1 month to migrate to V3.
Also, it seems like the TF community has decided to keep the 8 cents price for May. All the best for the V2 farmers going to V3!

It’s thus a perfect time for V2 farmers to go into V3 and they would have 1 month to do the transition.
What do you guys think?

*Reminder for V2: You can create a V3 farm with portal.grid.tf or use the Threefold Connect App (section Farmer Migration).

… But if the TFT price is higher the return in USD is the same or higher… So we all know that now is the time to join as the token price will appreciate :wink:

4 Likes

Couldn’t say it better @weynandkuijpers!

Now is always the time to build more 3nodes! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Interesting topic!
We voted on keeping the 0.08 for June.
The price is 0.055 at the moment.
I hope it will change.

(I am less motivated for building more nodes at the moment)

What do you guys think?

I’m more motivated than ever before, built 3 servers this week.

1 Like

Price goes up and down during the week… it’s 5.9 cts, then 7.5, then back to 6, etc…
Short term price swings are never a good argument to build or not build nodes - trust in the project, availability of (spare) capital, etc is a lot more important I would say.

We need to think about the price two years from now when the grid is actually utilized…

4 Likes

Price goes up and down during the week… it’s 5.9 cts, then 7.5, then back to 6, etc…
Short term price swings are never a good argument to build or not build nodes

exactly, welcome to crypto currency! these fluctuation will be noise in a few years to come. Should be farming for the future price not the an a hourly chart, this isn’t day trading its farming.

1 Like