Driving Regeneration with TAG

Our Partnership with TAG & Pilot Program

Welcome to part three of our Planet-Positive Farming Series. As we shared in part one, we’re setting the plan for a planet-positive Internet by implementing a Voluntary Carbon Credits system. You can find all information on the system and our carbon-double-win plans in that post.

The second part explored the concept of planet-positive initiatives and what kinds of initiatives we’ll be supporting with our trusted partners like Take Action Global (TAG). Now, we’ll dive into our partnership with TAG and our recently launched pilot program.

About TAG

Our partners at Take Action Global (TAG) are experts on climate education and action. Building on more than 60 years of classroom experience in empowering students to be curious, ask questions, take action, and make a difference in their communities, TAG brings together like-minded educators seeking a different way of teaching and learning. The team at TAG is committed to creating a space for teachers and students to work at local and global levels for the betterment of humanity, today and tomorrow.

TAG’s mission is to inspire change by providing opportunities for students around the world to take action on social good causes through education. Through endeavors like the Climate Action Project, the Innovation Lab Schools and Project Kakuma, they continuously find ways to connect thousands of teachers with students around the world to provide free and meaningful quality-education. In addition to that, they’re setting up global projects to tackle climate change and other issues, allowing students to connect, brainstorm, create, share, solve problems and take action.

Our Partnership

Together with TAG, ThreeFold is realizing the promise of the original Internet while also regenerating the planet. By offsetting the ThreeFold Grid three times in the form of voluntary carbon credits, we are going to create the first planet-positive peer-to-peer Internet infrastructure in the world.

As our trusted partners and experts on climate action, Take Action Global will supply the ThreeFold ecosystem with Voluntary Carbon Credits (VCC). Students and teachers involved with TAG will engage in planet-positive initiatives to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere and to positively impact the lives of local communities. To learn more about the VCC system and the steps involved, give the first part of this series a read.

Through this partnership, ThreeFold Farmers will automatically offset their carbon footprint three times. Moreover, everybody will be able to use the ThreeFold Grid’s carbon-negative Internet capacity while simultaneously making positive impacts for the planet and the people. Take a look at the second part of this series to find out more about what kinds of initiatives we’ll be supporting.

Pilot Program for Tree Planting

In December 2021, we announced that we’d joined forces with TAG to create the first planet-positive peer-to-peer Internet while providing climate education and economic inclusion programs – kicked off by a four-month pilot program for tree planting.

The purpose of this pilot program is to fine-tune and validate the carbon emissions related to the ThreeFold Grid and to start a global tree planting initiative in Sierra Leone, Malawi, and Cambodia. Once the carbon double-win is achieved, the ThreeFold Grid will continue to fund impact initiatives like fostering climate education, developing renewable energy grids and more that will enhance the life of communities at large by purchasing VCC with the TFT dedicated to the carbon offset pool.

While we originally planned to start our pilot program focused on tree planting in January 2022, we’re proud to share with you that we already started in December 2021. Throughout this pilot, our partners at TAG empower and educate students and teachers to plant trees. These efforts will be verified and tracked through the EarthProject app. Moreover, using the EarthProject App, individuals will be able to participate in this initiative, where their carbon credit supply will be used to fund students’ education in emerging countries.

Here you can see an overview of what has been accomplished so far and what else is planned for the pilot:

• Sierra Leone has planted 1823 trees in December 2021. The funds received will be used to fund the tree planting and create a support program for school drop-outs.
  • Malawi planted 2000 trees. The initiative in Malawi will use the funds not only to finance the tree planting but also to create a school-based feeding program in which the school will plant and grow plant-based food, enabling them to sustain themselves in the future.
  • Cambodia will plant 1000 trees. While the trees have already been bought, the planting program has been postponed to February due to adverse weather conditions. Here, the funds will be used to build a school on the same piece of land where the trees will be planted.

Schools involved in the pilot test:

Malawi:

• Matawa primary school in Phalombe
  • Phalombe Teacher Training college

Cambodia:

• PrePrimary Thnam school
  • Pre Primary School Chamkar Srov
  • Pre-Primary school Ou Thmor Rong Roeurn
  • Pre_Primary school Beong Ampil

Sierra Leone:

• RC Katha Kera Mabgema
  • RC Holy Cross Rokupr
  • Ahmadiyya Rokupr
  • SLMB Gbonkomaria
  • UBA Robana
  • COG Mando
  • SLMB Royark
  • MOF Laya Junction
  • Ahmadiyya Lutti

By kicking off our pilot program a month ahead of schedule, we’re well set to achieve the carbon double win for the ThreeFold Grid by the end of Q2 2022, making the Grid the first planet-positive Internet infrastructure in the world. Are you as excited as we are?

We will keep you posted on our progress, so keep an eye on this category!

4 Likes

Amazing, way to go! :seedling:

Love the write up dear @alex24 and the amazing work you and the others do.
:clap: Make it green !!! Make it carbon negative :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree: :heart_decoration::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree:

1 Like

Such am amazing things, get kids educated and focus on climate change. As some of you know my story to join ThreeFold is inspired by my youngest son. He challenged me a long time ago about cooking an egg in a microwave, which in my book was impossible. I told him to teach me but I wanted him to take responsibility in what I though would happen happened (an exploding egg mess in the microwave).

He understood and accepted and cooked the egg to perfection in the microwave (technical details for the ones that want to know: contact me) without the mess I expected. I was flabbergasted! How could this 10 year old know this while my wife and I didn’t…

The answer is simple: educated on the internet. He watched YouTube movies about all things handy in the home and this was one of them… I know he watches rubbish as well on the internet but the component of transferring knowledge and providing the ability to educate youngsters is one of the true gifts of the internet.

Let’s make the internet equal, inclusive and planet positive! :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Thought I’d share are a few great reads for everyone interested here:

Hope you enjoy them! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

TF is right now not actively funding TAG, we are waiting for more funding to come to re-open this project.