Where does the name ThreeFold come from?

Someone asked this in the chat today and I thought it was a fun one, so I’m sharing the answer here as well:

One of the great mysteries of life! :joy::cyclone: Actually there is no official name origin story, at least none that I am aware of.

At one point it reflected our three main “products” (at the time) – ThreeFold Grid, ThreeFold Token, & 3Bot. And our “three layered” approach.

Three is always coming back, though:

Our core values – Equality, Sovereignty, and Sustainability.

ThreeFold offers decentralized storage, compute, and network. Three again!

And the ThreeFold Law states that any good you do will return to you threefold in this lifetime. :pray:

2 Likes

Also, three layers:

1. Capacity
  2. Applications
  3. Humans
2 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Sam… indeed this is a FUN one :laughing: that simply emerged from the Ether… For me besides of also being born on a 3rd :birthday: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: my 3 cents to this comments are

1. harmony, wisdom and understanding
  2. time – past, present, future
  3. birth, life, death OR beginning, middle, end
    – Three is seen in many modalities as the number of the divine

Blessings,
Karoline

2 Likes

And there’s more, like the three pillars of our truly decentralized cloud Kristof presented during our first deep dive session last week:

1. Quantum Safe Storage
  2. Planetary Network
  3. Smart Contract for IT

If you’d like to learn more about them, I recommend to watch the recording of that session here! :dizzy:

5 Likes

hehehe… YES… that is a great comment @hannahcordes … soo true :raised_hands: :100: :raised_hands: :dizzy: #3 :dizzy:

2 Likes