What about an ATOM - TFT Liquidity Pool?

The other day I saw someone ask on Twitter if people would be able to buy TFT with ATOM soon.

I spoke with @oliver who is working on the COSMOS integration. Since ATOM is the native token of COSMOS, it’s technically possible – but it would also require a Liquidity Pool for ATOM TFT.

What does the community think about this topic? It seems to make a lot of sense as it opens up a huge network for TFT. But I’m not an expert here so perhaps others can chime in with pros and cons and general feedback. :pray:

4 Likes

For this to work, we’ll need IBC (interblockchain communication) enabled for the Cosmos based TF Chain. Once that’s done, it will be possible for anyone to start creating liquidity pools for TFT on connected Cosmo chains, including cross chain AMMs like Osmosis, Gravity, and Sifchain. This doesn’t actually require a TFT/ATOM pool specifically. As long as there’s a route from some TFT pool to some ATOM pool, the swaps are possible.

I IBC integration this is a very good idea. The question is where does this fit within the development priority stack.

A secondary question is whether some ThreeFold entity, be that the foundation, tech, or DAO should contribute liquidity to such a pool, as has been done for Pancake Swap. I think that seeding some liquidity is probably also a good idea, to provide a nice experience and low slippage swaps.

5 Likes

I’m new Forum User, but i’m using Cosmos ecosystem and i totally agree with this propostition ! Osmosis liquidity, easy to-use, IBC, low fees, DAO etc… not want to shill my bags but honestly could be an amazing mix, Threefold and Cosmos… =D

Algo, cosmos, Dot. All hip chains that will be good choices. Unfortunately XLM is just kinda fading away (coinbase even removed it from their wallet due to lack of use).

1 Like

Pinged some degens

“Been deep in cosmos for awhile and couldn’t be happier. Alexar has some bsc bridges, kujira, and I think some others.”

1 Like