Upgrade proposal for minting code v3.2 (CLOSED)

I’m in agreement, generally. A couple thoughts and questions on the details:

1. Didn’t the CU bug affect January’s v3 minting as well?
  2. Are we proposing to implement the uptime requirement change retroactively for February as well?
  3. In addition to cases farmers were confused or unaware of the requirement, we also have some farmers who believe their nodes achieved 95% uptime but didn’t get paid out. I think investigating these cases and clarifying what happened is an important prerequisite to reactivating the uptime threshold.
5 Likes

Thanks Scott for your remarks,
we will double check with team,
indeed 3 especially important to check

About other remarks above, this is just a starting GEP to get us going around this uptime topic.

The uptime change is just temporary, in the specs we have that 99% needs to be achieved otherwise there is no farming rewards, this may feel heavy but 99% is 7.2h dowtime in a month, people will not be able to use your 3node capacity much if they experience more than 7h downtime. But its a little bit more complicated than that e.g. for storage a 95% might be good enough, or for temporary workloads like for test/dev is prob also ok.

Suggest to accept above now at least the bug is resolved, we can fix what went wrong and its an easier uptime calculation, then we do GEP’s in future to move forward.

hope this helps

4 Likes

@isyal agree, we will put in roadmap
good ideas

I can see why 99% is needed, especially for users to use your node. Maybe add an option somewhere that gives people the ability to request downtime for X amount of hours if more than 7 hours. Give the farmer 3 times that they are allowed to use that option. If for some reason, they are looking to move to a new home/ different city that takes longer than 7 hours to set it back up. It won’t happen often but giving people flexibility even if it’s only 3 times. Us farmers would appreciate it a lot.

I think we also need to talk about if we set up a node now and in the future, we upgrade the ram and CPU. Do we get to keep the same node id with the same lock rate of 0.08 or will upgrading change the lock rate?

1 Like

My node is 421 :slight_smile: you can check it as find a little bit od time

We are looking for farmers to agree or disagree on Grid Enhancement Proposal.

1 Like

As advised, can you please reach out to our live chat so we can document your case? You can find that on threefold.io or your ThreeFold Connect app.

1 Like

Dear all,

We would like to thank the community for the support on last week’s Grid Enhancement Proposal. We are happy to announce that with 97% positive votes, we are now moving forward with this proposal and implementing all of the mentioned points as soon as possible.

Please keep in mind that this code adjustment on uptime requirements, as well as the rectification of last month’s payout (including the changed uptime requirements), will take some time.

1. Any missing payout for last month’s minting period - payout ASAP

2. Minting payout for March 2022 - payout 8th of April

As stated on the Grid Enhancement Proposal post, payout will happen on the 8th of April instead of the 5th of April to give us some more time to verify the process.

Kind regards,

The ThreeFold Team

3 Likes

Hi Sabrina, where is the best place to request a review of the monthly token payout or investigate missing payout?
Many thanks
Peter (on behalf of the VCC)

1 Like

Hi Peter, Can you be more specific what you mean. Do you mean to see what uptime was recorded fir your VCC 3nodes and how that translates to a token amount?

Hi Weynand, we think that there is an error in the February and March TFT payout for our VCC farm. I’ll send you the details via Telegram. Many thanks for checking,
Peter

1 Like

Thank you for sending it - I will have a look and come back to you.

2 Likes

Hi @pkgraz2. Apologies for no coming back to you. The last minting run should have corrected the inconsistencies caused earlier. Correct?