Trying to settle a S3 workload

Hello,

I create a new post here. I don’t know if it’s the right place. If not, please just tell me.

So after having solved my 3bot installation problem, I’m moving on to installing a S3 workload … and it’s not going without problem.

So first, I created a pool capacity. Here first strange thing, the chatflow created not 1, but 2 capacity pools in the process, both with very strange proprieties. Here is what I have:

So basically, the first pool has nothing, and the second one has a huge 86400 CU and SU when I asked only 1 of each, and no expiration date. I notice that I can’t delete a capacity pool, only hide it.

Then, second step, I created a network. Once again, all goes well, but the network is automatically attached to the first pool, No way to choose the pool in the chatflow.

Third and last, I tried to create a S3 workload. Here, the chatflow propose me only the second capacity pool, maybe because it is the only one that has some real capacity. But after the page " Do you want to automatically select a node for deployment for Primary?", after a “yes” answer, I get an error message:

Maybe because there is no network on the second pool? I don’t know.

So I’m blocked once again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear Jerome, I took the liberty to move your post to a different category. And I will make sure someone of our technical staff gets back to you asap.

1 Like

Hi @JeromeUlrich

Ok so seems you’ve indeed hit a weird bug with these 2 pools created. I’ll open a issue for it. Thanks for reporting.

The reason you don’t have an option to delete a pool is because normally you would never want to do that because that would mean you would loose any capacity your bought there. So instead we just allow to hide IT from the UI so you can keeps things clear.

, I created a network. Once again, all goes well, but the network is automatically attached to the first pool, No way to choose the pool in the chatflow.

For this one I’m not sure exactly how this happens. @ahmedthabet any idea ?

Finally, the error message you are seeing when trying to deploy an S3 is because the chatbot didn’t find any nodes with enough free capacity available. This is because all testnet nodes are quite full right now.
So 2 things you can try to workaround this:

• create a pool on ThreeFold_Mazraa farm, seems the nodes their have some capacity left
  • Allow over provisioning in the settings page of the 3bot: 2020-09-10_674x299_scrot

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like