TF Deep Dive Session 3: TF Grid 3.x Launch Plan

Hey there,

Thanks to those who joined today! Here is the recording of our third deep dive meetup. Three more next week! Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 2pm CET / 8am EST once again. :pray:

Here is the presentation link for those who would like to read through or offer feedback. Also feel free to leave replies below.

5 Likes

Great session! Thank you for sharing.

If I understand well, there is a maximum of 100 validator nodes, that need to have each between 2 and 2.5 million TF tokens?

I understanding the need to have a high quantity to stake in order to “secure” the system with a high money incentive, but I wonder if only 100 validator nodes would be considered much decentralized? Could it be possible to have (e.g.) 1000 validators of 200 000 to 250 000 TF tokens?

Just wondering if this would be more “decentralized” while still having a high security factor.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Great question @Mik
we will come back to you as soon as possible!!
Thank you for your support. <3

2 Likes

Thank you!

I also realize now that 200 000 to 250 000 TF tokens might be too close to the 100 000 tokens needed for a layer 0 validator node.

So it might be good to play around with the ratio validator/tokens needed.

In online communities, I’ve seen people talking about how the BSC has only 21 validator nodes and people think it is not very much decentralized. It’s way fewer than 100 validators as Threefold propose though.