Synthesis of farmers' knowledge (Reddit, Telegram, etc.)

Hi farmers,

If one reads the Reddit and Telegram Threefold’s channel, it quickly shows up that there are a great source of information dispersed throughout months and years of communication. Obviously, the chats end up having multiple times the same questions answered.

Would it be a good idea to have some kind of synthesis of what we farmers have learned throughout the years, in a clear and concise documentation, on this forum, or on the Wiki? (If this kind of post already exist, I’ll remove this one!)

The proposition would be:

Build a synthesis of DIY and Titan farmers from the Telegram, Reddit and elsewhere if it applies.
In sections, optimally.

For example, what does it mean to have 1:4 ram ratio, how to build a node, can you duplicate the USB key for the boot image, can a farm have more than 1 node, etc. etc. The kind of questions we all end up asking one at a time on the chats!

Could we have some grants unlocked for this? It might be a great incentive for farmers to build a Threefold School.

Anyone got anything to say about this? Do you have any more ideas? If I wrote something off, tell me and I will update the post.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have noticed the same issue you have and have started taking a stab at it. There is a lot of superfluous info and even more outdated info on ThreeFold. The average user only needs a few pages of info to get started. My first rough draft attempt I posted as a FAQ to the subreddit a few days ago but I am improving upon and adding to it.

2 Likes

This is exactly the kind of project needed, a FAQ of the essential knowledge of Threefold. That is great.

I must admit I haven’t explored the subreddit of Threefold. I’ll have a look.
I like the idea of having the decentralized forum here. Speaking of which, it would be nice to publish the videos you made in the forum to have a decentralized hub for Threefold videos.

We could have a section in the forum with posts of people sharing knowledge. Then we gather the synthesis of it all and have it officially in the wiki.

I’ll most likely have a picture guide of how to build a server 3node soon to publish on the forum, to complement your videos.

1 Like

In the subreddit, you mentioned that it is a good idea to have activities outside of the Threefold decentralized platforms. I think this is a good point.

We could have articles that can be duplicated on the reddit. I think you wrote about it too in the subreddit.

The more there is knowledge out there on Threefold, the better!

1 Like

Oh good, I was fixing to also make a picture guide on a DIY node. I’ll cross that off the list. I’ll work on a walk through on booting directly to V3. That hasn’t been done right?

2 Likes