Storing TFT on Hardware Wallets

Note: This is now available on the TF Manual: https://manual.grid.tf/threefold_token/storing_tft/hardware_wallet.html

14 Likes

Great post! One can also use stellarx.com instead of stellarterm.com. Both are working well.

It can also be a good idea to send your farming reward to a hardware wallet.

Stellar is very fast and easy to use.

Thanks Scott!

1 Like

Thanks for the report on StellarX, and I’m glad you found this post helpful :slight_smile:

Excellent post.

I added a hyperlink on this post so people can find it easily.

Thanks!

3 Likes

For people that have multiple Stellar accounts on their Ledger device: You can specify which account you would like to access in stellarterm by providing a custom BIP32 path:

3 Likes

Great timing. Was going to figure out how to add my other account today.

1 Like

Awesome Scott! Will try with my Nano S plus. Thanks a million.

1 Like

Has anyone successfully used a Ngrave Zero to store TFT? It supports Stellar, so it should work, right?

While it does indicate that Stellar is indeed supported: https://support.ngrave.io/hc/en-us/articles/4409554559889-Which-coins-are-supported- , it seems however when signing up - it requires you to sync your Liquid app, or purchase an actual physical hardware wallet device. Owing to which, I wasn’t able to test further to arrive at a conclusion.

Ledger’s are on sale. That’s what I use to secure my TFT.

1 Like

Supporting XLM and support tokens issued on Stellar are separate features. I didn’t find any indication that Ngrave Zero supports Stellar tokens, only XLM.

Thanks for the note on BIP paths. I’ve added this to the original post.

Thanks, Scott. Also thanks to @tullysinc and @FLnelson.

2 Likes

StellarTerm isn’t connecting to the Ledger Nano S - see attached screenshot. I tried it using StellarX and also stellar.org instead, and the connection was successful. Reading into the issue, the most recent updates on the Ledger Nano S may be the problem with connecting to StellarTerm, forcing the user to downgrade to a previous update.

1 Like

I just tried with a Nano S, and it does work on Stellarterm.

Maybe try a different browser, or update the firmware and/or the browser?

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the report. I’ll edit the original post to mention that trying another wallet interface is a good course of action if an error like this occurs.

1 Like

I did try with the most recent updates on the Ledger Nano S and it works on stellarterm.

@mrrightwilson Have you tried stellarterm on Brave by any chance? This might work with the latest update.

I would tend to think that it is better to use the most up-to-date version of the hardware if possible.

Tft chain?
Thanks man