Renewing all old wiki urls in the forum

There are some dead urls to the old wiki. If someone has the time and the knowledge about the new wiki it would be great that all urls in forum are renewed :wink:

Maybe this is possible via script? If only the FQDN has changed, it would be quite simple to find and replace them.

Thanks. Hope this category is correct, didnā€™t find the bug, feedback etc categoryā€¦

3 Likes

Thank you @flowmotion for reporting, we will be looking into that or archiving old posts.

Approx 8 months later in this thread Iā€™m actually reading through the Wiki a lot, noticing it gets quickly outdated. Numbers on the amount of current servers is way of, and links are still pointing at the v2 version for instance. Kindly suggesting for someone to keep this updated.

2 Likes

It is on the github, would you want to update it?

2 Likes

Wish i had the time. Just noticed it.

1 Like

This is something we have to get better at. And as @FLnelson sais, this is on all of us. This project is about decentralization, not just in a tech stack, but also in the way this project finds itā€™s way forward. We are all involved in it and own pieces of it.

The ThreeFold starters are doing what they can to push this forward but we cannot do this just by this group. I so much :pray: the community here and all of the actions, help and other things are shared amongst community members, but itā€™s still not enough to keep everything up to date and crisp.

I will be devoting more time to "wrap things up on the forum when the thread has reached maturity and all points have been made which means it should then results in one of the following end results:

• conclusion and summary of all points made. Thread set to status ā€œclosedā€ in the title and summary remains
  • conclusion and summary of all point made and summary is brought forward to GEP on the forum. GEP will determine the next steps with the subject / content. Thread set to status ā€œclosedā€ in the title and summary + link to GEP remains.
  • conclusion and summary of all point made and summary is brought forward to feature request in one of the repositories as an issue on Github. Could be technical, bug, policy change , could be anything. Thread set to status ā€œclosedā€ in the title and summary + link to issue.
3 Likes

Iā€™m a busy person, but Iā€™m willing to do some help, it would be a joy for me. May I ask what can we help except of wiki work? Is there a list of what can be done from community? Whatā€™s the best way to get integrated in the process of doing some work for TF? I mean,ā€¦ I think I canā€™t just take something where I think itā€™s broken and do my thing to fix it in my opinion? Is there a review for example after i have done a fix? Is it just a github-like thing? So I just pick something?

I speak for me im highly enthusiastic if it comes to this project but im a really busy person who has a job 50h min a week. But I want to help but as im so busy it can be hard to quick-find where I can help :wink:

A idea would be a list of ToDoā€™s for community :wink: sorted after needed skills , but maybe to keep such list updated would also be a hard work. And Maybe a ā€œget into helpingā€-HowTo for the community would be nice so that if someone want to help he just has to read thru and can start helping.

But for now I would happy to help updating the wiki if I can find the time.

4 Likes

This is a great idea. Should the community to do be in github or something like taiga project manger. Double points for an app hosted on TF!

2 Likes

Love the discussion and initiative here. A few notesā€¦

Contributing to the wikis is a bigger commitment, but itā€™s pretty quick and easy to open an issue for someone to come and execute on later. Issues for the main wiki are here, for example, where we can see that Sam already reported these stats being out of date some time ago.

We have an instance of Taiga that we call ā€œcirclesā€. Anyone can login with the TF Connect app and create a project, I believe. Thereā€™s even an old board in there with some ideas for community contributions. Better to start fresh, I think. Token rewards/grants for useful work are on the table.

Finally, regarding the original question of this thread, a search query of site:forum.threefold.io "wiki.threefold" returns posts using old wiki links. If anyone wants to tackle those, let me know and Iā€™ll promote you to admin :wink:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realize ā€œcirclesā€ was for the community too. Iā€™m fixing to launch a TF resource blog and included the mattermost app in it, but I will defer to your Taiga app.

Iā€™d say circles is appropriate for anything related to TFā€™s core work. Taiga was one of the deployments available in the VDC, and itā€™ll probably show up in the playground at some point.

I like! I didnt notice circles at all :open_mouth:

" a search query of site:forum.threefold.io "wiki.threefold" returns posts using old wiki links."

Which search engine you meant? Where? How?

Most any old web search engine will do. Iā€™m using Presearch these days, like this :slight_smile:

https://presearch.com/search?q=site:forum.threefold.io%20%22wiki.threefold%22