Question received from a service provider

I have taken this content from an email that I have received from an enthusiastic developer (organisation) that is looking to understand the grid as an alternative to standard market leading
clouds:

Mostly just regarding the networking and accessing the services deployed in the Kubernetes. One of the tests I did was trying to access our serverless apps via HTTP. Our clusters do rely a lot on having public access to some of the services that we are hosting via multiple (more than one) LoadBalancer (LB) IP, this LB IP can be NAT-ed IP but we will need to know what’s the NAT address if that’s the case.

I was about to do a follow-up and do a bit more learning about how the Threefold ecosystem handles this networking, then we got side-tracked with a few sales prospects that suddenly requires a bit more attention. :slight_smile:

I do find it a bit hard to understand some of the terminologies in Threefold, maybe a quick demo with my team may help us understand a bit better. Here’s a list of things that I can think of that we need to see at the moment:

• Create a Kubernetes cluster

• Access the cluster using a public IP and kube config

• Build and deploy container, pod, service, and access it via public IP LoadBalancer <-- I was testing up to here and ran into the above issue

• Create another publicly accessible service (should run on different Public IP)

• Attach a persistent volume to the container

I also wonder what does it takes to contribute to the grid if we have some extra capacities. Maybe that way we understand the Threefold platform a bit better while contributing to the ecosystem.

3 Likes

Let’s do a demo and provide you with the details and insights. Some quick responses to you points here

1 Like

There is a weblet that does most of the things you need for you. You can find it here:

Deploy a kubernetes cluster:

Specify aspect of the cluster (controller and worker nodes)
and

If you specify you want to have public IP - be sure to select a farm that provides public IP’s.

2 Likes

Small typo in playu.grid.tf

It’s written correctly just after.

Nice post!