Prepare a Titan node for selling

Hi. I have a Titan V2.1 node (bought from pre-order.threefold.tech ) , and I want to sell it. Do I need to prepare it in any way ? Is there any “transfer ownership” or hooking it up to a wallet?

Thanks

1 Like

Interesting question, and you are the first to ask :slight_smile:. There is nothing to prepare, you can sell it as is. What makes it a little bit more complex than selling a normal computer is that this node has a farm ID and a wallet attached to it. Do you plan to hand that (private key) over to the new owner?

In that case I would stress that that new owner needs to upgrade to V3 by using the TF Connect app and do the upgrade to a new farm/wallet to create a new private key/wallet to make the farming device his. It’s connected today to your wallet and therefore you have control over it with your private key. I as a buyer would want that to be 100% mine.

Once you have identified a new owner please contact us (support) again and we will guide the new owner (and you) to make the transfer to create a new wallet from him, and then transfer/upgrade the machine to his newly created V3 farm.

Keep up posted!

1 Like

Thanks for your answer!

should have researched a bit more before asking here, I now saw this description on ebay for a used node (from someone, no idea if serious or not ).
"
Earn Passive income with 2 x Threefold 3Node miners - https://threefold.io/
Purchased for €2,200+ and can see new on their website.
Box & original accessories included
100% working and just reset to your account with us passing over via the email support and making you the owner

"

So these two quotes mean roughly the same ?

1. ebay seller: “just reset to your account with us passing over via the email support and making you the owner”
  2. weynandkuijpers: “Once you have identified a new owner please contact us (support) again and we will guide the new owner (and you) to make the transfer to create a new wallet from him, and then transfer/upgrade the machine to his newly created V3 farm.”

1 Like

I see there’s no more responses to this topic; I’m still wondering how the new owner would get a ‘certified’ version of ZOS. Support team will take care of that? or thought the original official reseller?
btw; I assume the eBay offer might not be very ‘honest’?!

Titans are already certified by default. The process of change of ownership managed by support ideally requires the following:

1. Former wallet address and farm name.
  2. The new wallet address and Farm name.

The existing owner will then need to email support at info@threefold.io using the email address that was registered to purchase the Titan through Webshop - https://shop.threefold.tech/

Post which, as @weynandkuijpers mentioned, TF Support will assist with the change of ownership.

3 Likes