Partnership with Helium?

Yes i agree that Match X is very expensive, but the machine is also a miner! And mine three coins at same time! Could be because of that it is so expensive.

I’m involved with Helium. Last year I was making about 200 eur per day with them. But Helium team doesn’t really care about their community.
And their biggest focus is on US, a lot of changes were made that really hurt EU miners thus reducing rewards dramatically.

There was a scandal when it was discovered they earn about $65 per month from their operation, so it looks like big investors jumped in and steered them towards 5G.
Now, I don’t know much about 5G in the US, but correct me if i’m wrong - it would never be allowed for regular citizens to put up 5G antennas without getting permission from authorities.
Plus on top of that Helium doesn’t have any connections in EU that could drive 5G adoption here.

So overall, IF (I’m sceptical) 5G takes off for them then only in the US.

They don’t have any collaboration with Akash.

They mislead people by advertising collaborations with a few big US companies while they actually never had them plus that $65 revenue thing.
And their big network change for light hotspots was promised to take max 1 month. It’s been like 4-5 months now and they are still fighting with downtime, stuck blocks, slow speed and other problems every week.
To prove that Helium is really struggling - it has only 65% of miners online by average now. It used to be like 93-95%. This shows how much Helium has lost trust in people. Helium miner will cost you like 2-3 EUR in electricity, but many people cannot even break even on that.

Someone in my town just put up a large tower with Helium 5g, they did not seek any type of permission. The tower is probably not legal, but oops, I forgot to file the complaint when asked to :slight_smile:

When I was setting my IoT miner next to 4G tower the owner of building asked me to provide all the documentation and proof that they won’t interfere.
Owner of building learned this the hard way when few years ago (before Helium) he let some random dude setup some other device that transmitted radio waves and it interfered with that 4G antenna. Operator of 4G caught on this because they have quite sophisticated monitoring tools and owner of building had to pay quite hefty fine.

So first of all, if you are in EU then there is 0-use for that 5G antenna so your neighbour just spent a lot of money on nothing and I’m pretty sure sooner or later he will be forced to take it down.

p.s. out of interest, can you share your town name? Because I cannot find any active 5G miner in EU on their explorer map.

I’m in Florida, not EU.

I see.
Yes, in EU these things are bit more tight.
I would rather upgrade my TFT node than spend money on Helium’s 5G antenna.

1 Like

Sounds interesting.

Would you say it is still worth the investment? For example one Antenna near Vienna?
200 each day sound extremly high.

For example if im together with 2 others in one hexagon how much does it impact the earnings?

I thing in the EU its no 5G because we have already 5G everywhere

No, forget about it. It’s not worth 100%! I have 2 free places where I still have my miners. Now they earn like 1-2 eur per day. It was 35-50 eur back then.
That’s why almost half of the miners are turned off now.

2€ a day would be 730 € a year, in my opinion thats nice :laughing:

would you say its so bad right now because of the bad crypto situation everywhere or because of helium?
i see so much hotspots on the map looks not like as they are all offline

Don’t forget you need to place antenna on the roof. Most of the house owners would want to get paid for that, you need to connect internet to the thing, so overall it’s not great.
Helium became oversaturated with miners and it turns out the usage of network is pretty low so Helium is not getting any revenue.

ok that sounds not nice, I thought its enought to mount it somewhere on your window.

I have a neighbor who dont like such stuff on the roof