Not enough balance to execute!

Hi,

When things don’t go your way, it feels like the problems continue to build up. Aah, frustrating.
I deleted the presearch node that I was running on my network which was causing issue with another one. So, to fix this, I created a new one but on a different farm.
When I press deploy, I got the message “Not enough balance to execute! Transaction requires 2 TFT at least in your wallet.” Which is incorrect, because I had transferred 3800 to that account for the first node deployment. Just to make sure, I transferred another 3300 to that QR code from the playground active profile (which is the same address as my twin, so no issue there). Now I have about 7172TFT in that wallet, but still can’t deploy that node. Message stays the same.
Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,

Jefke

BTW, it should say Not enough, instead of No enough!

Hello @jefke1! I do see that you are deploying on Mainnet, did you make the transfer on Mainnet itself?

Hi Amanda,

Yes, the TFT was transferred using the provided qr code on Mainnet. I had an amount already on it from the previous deployment (which was deleted, before creating the new one) and to make sure, I did transfer another amount, but that didn’t help either.
Both deployments where created in the playground by using the playground link in my mainnet dashboard account.

Greetings,

Jefke

Please contact us via our live chat by clicking the blue chat icon on the right bottom corner of the Forum page, we would need some more information to look into this.

1 Like

Clear your cache, there’s something odd happening with the balance box on the top right on playground in your screen shot.

2 Likes

@ParkerS @jefke1’s balance is showing up correctly as per his transactions.

His balance is showing in portal, which relies on the polka extension and information stored on chain for the login.

Looking at this screenshot, there should be a balance in this box after clicking it and logging into profile on playground,

I don’t know of anytime this should just read “main”

Hi Amanda and ParkerS,

Closing the browser and clearing everything, made me have to create the profile again. Password was again first not accepted. After recreating the profile, this time the balance did show up and I was just now able to deploy the node.
BTW, I am using firefox as a browser, but wonder if I would have the same issues if I use brave for example.
Thank you both for assisting me!

Greetings,

Jefke

Hmmm! It shows up for me

, but will have the team look into as well.

Technically chrome is the only supported browser currently, but Firefox works pretty well, with that being said, think of your playground as just a local application that sends messages to the grid for you.

It doesn’t “log in” to the grid, it creates a local file that contains the credentials needed to create a deployment and then sends request to the grid for information and provides instructions, signed by your credentials.

When you cleared storage/cache, you deleted this signature file, but nothing actually changed about the state of your “account” on the grid.

I suspect what happened here was just some sort of error during your recreation of the profile, and clearing everything is equitable to restarting the application, so the next time around it fixed itself.

This is something that is already being improved in future Grid releases to reduce the frustrations surrounding playground login, but in the meantime rest assured your deployments/contracts and balance are always safe, regardless of the state of your playground.

The balance and the deployments, belong to the twin that is purely associated with your mnemonics, and those contracts exist in the grid, when they disappear from the playground, or your balance is miss represented on playground, but not the portal, it’s an access issue between the browser and the chain, not really an issue with the twin or chain itself.

1 Like

This error has plagued me for months. Often closing the browser and reopening it has helped.

1 Like

Is there a git hub issue for this yet?

I have created one for @jefke1 but I will also create one for this error in general.

Me too. And still sometimes does. Using Firefox as well. Seems a browser issue. Sometimes closing, waiting and opening seems to help too. Clearing cache is dangerous since it removes the login credentials. I know theyre working on getting that fixed too.

Is everyone facing the issue on Chrome-based browsers or on Firefox?

I looked into it, and the devs have been aware of this for a while. The response for now is that only Chrome based browsers are supported. We can open Firefox support as a new feature request.

The problem is many of us created their accounts in Firefox and as far as I’m aware I can’t move my browser login over. At least put a browser compatibility alert up so people don’t think it is just broken.

Yeah, I agree about the warning and will ask the devs to add something.

As far as I know, the profile manager is basically just a convenience so you don’t have to enter your seed phrase and ssh keys each time. If you recreate the profile in another browser it should pull in your deployments.

1 Like