New node installation, need confirmation everything is ok

Hi
@andreaspow commended I post my question here. It was posted on the farmer chat initially.

We are setting up a farm in California. My IT person downloaded the SDK, got the boot image and it appears to be running, but we’d like confirmation that it is visible on the grid.

Farm is tfsantacruz - node ID is CWFDSAFb6nbghtFjNR4pWhkSuXEPmKLS87SUV2BtVA7B here is a screenshot of the admin panel. Please let us know if we are “live” or still missing something in the process.

farm-screenshot

@ahmed provided this guidance.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
48:25 PM]Ahmed Siddique:

> Al Morgan

Farm is tfsantacruz - node ID is CWFDSAFb6nbghtFjNR4pWhkSuXEPmKLS87SUV2BtVA7B here is a screenshot of the admin panel. Please l
Hi, does the server have any HDDs / SSDs because seems it is not detected , you may have to configure the Controller in AHCI or if not exposing the disks as logical drives
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Could anyone provide additional guidance for us to resolve and get the system up and available?

• For instance, confirm this appears to be the issue.
  • Provide pointer to AHCI information or other that is relevant.

Thank you.
AL

Hi @amorgan351

I extracted your post in its own topic so it’s easier for other to find and keep topics focus.

Now regarding your new node.

we’d like confirmation that it is visible on the grid.

If you see it in your farm management app, then the node it visible. The address of the explorer for the full grid is https://explorer.grid.tf/, you can also see your farm and nodes in there.

From the screenshot I can also see that indeed there is no disk detected in your node. So it is worth trying what @ahmed propose. I don’t really have a tutorial about this because this needs to be done in the bios of your server which is different for each vendor. So this is specific to your hardware. Maybe @delandtj could help you there

I did another sanity check on this node to see if anything else is missing. And It seems the node also didn’t receive a public IPV6. Most probably your farm router needs some extra configuration. You can find full detail about farm networking at : https://github.com/threefoldtech/zos/blob/master/docs/network/Deploy_Network-V2.md

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks very much. That is very concrete and we will follow it up.
AL