I’m going to e a little harsh maybe below, it’s not meant that way. Let me reassure yo that I’m putting in all the efforts because I believe in this project. So it’s meant to give the Techs and idea of where we are at this point, and how for we are away from getting it to the masses. I hope the below could be used to help building/adjusting the roadmap.
Current situation on my internet domain;
- I log into my webhosting package with Direct Admin administration.
- Under Advanced Features I select the Installatron Applications Installer.
- I select the Applications Manager, look for Wordpress and hit Install
Now the Threefold project;
- I goto the Dashboard of TF
- I select one of the 2 Polkadot account, only God know why I have 2, one seems to have only the initial 1 TFT in it, the other has 340 TFT in it.
Note: First of all; no one in the real world understands what Polkadot is and why the need it, but let’s say I’m able to convince my neighbour (fictive figur) he really needs it…
Second; it’s fragile. Once installed into Firefox, I opened an account. After I closed my browser and opened up again, the icon at the top was gone, although the Extensions still shows it was active. You can’t however open an account from the Extension itself, so I had to reinstall. It took a while to figure out that when I set Firefox to delete my entire history when closing, it also loses all the icons at the top. Seriously.
3) I open up the playground link. Seems to be it’s not smart enough to see I’m already logged in the Polkadot account, or maybe I don’t understand. Anyhow, I’m asked to setup a Profile.
“Profile Name” makes sense.
“Mnemonics”. I bet no non-English speaking person understand what this is. It took a little to find out it supposed to be the secret words you saw when opening up the Polkadot account. I copy/pasted them and get the message “No twin exists for this account on this network. Are you using the correct network?”
4) Additionally I’m asked for an SSH key. The only explanation I find in the documentation shows: Your Public SSH Key is used to login into VM’s, Kubernetes, …
Great, so what do I do now? I just happened to read comments on the forum and Telegram about using Putty, which later was thought to cause too many problems.
I can tell; you, my neighbour would have lost interest at this point, and so have I.
- If one other day all the above is successful, I still have to install Caprover.
- Then I still have to deploy Wordpress somehow…
I have no idea what I’m running into when getting to point 5 and 6, but I can tell you we are currently very far of a presentable solution for the masses.
I guess I have to figure out why my 12 pass phrase doesn’t work, or find the one for the other Polkadot account or so. I’m arfaid of deleting them and setting up a new one, no idea what this will do to wallets etc. So, here it is. The experience of a future user