Looking for investments in Truly green farming

Hi All,

We have been farming for some time now and are looking to expand the operation. We focus on truly green farming, for us this means: no air conditioning, 90%+ heat re-use, sustainable power and (optionally) recycled hardware.

Our proposed location for this is next to a greenhouse, which allows us to use the heat also in the summer.

We have experience with operating datacenters and have accessibility to IP addresses and private fiber connections to also profit on the Network Units, creating an even higher ROI.

Without being certified I end up at an ROI of about 291%, with certification about 360%

We would take care of everything except setting up your farm ID (so we arrange compatible server, find appropriate location for the datacenter, buy the fiber connections, make sure the server stays online etc)

Interested, hit me up at jeroen@blockheating.com

Kind regards,

Jeroen

5 Likes

Love it. We did a blog article last year on what Jeroen is working on: https://threefold.io/blog/post/blockheating_intro/

2 Likes

This is an interesting idea if the electricity is cheap. This is a great alternative to farming at home!

2 Likes

HI Jeroen, good to see you back online and kicking. I have been speaking to Jeroen for quite a while just to add to whar he said, he’s got all the necessary items in place to become (pending 100% accurate definition) a superhub, redundant power, redundant networking, plenty of IP addresses.

Well done Jeroen!

2 Likes

That’s an amazing project. I’ve read blockheating.com website some months ago. This is exactly the kind of project I’d like to see and work on in Canada.

Modern farming = Servers
Standard farming = Food!
The Future of Farming = Servers + Food

This would be a great idea in the USA. I love to see more sustainable usage like this throughout the planet.

1 Like

Canada and US is not really our home market, but would be open to explore that!

1 Like