Validator FAQ & Update 20 June 2022
Engineering Status (L2 Validators = TF Hub)
The code around ThreeFold Hub has been completed for a while now, but we are still in validation mode. Our rockstar devs Rob and Lee need to take some time to do the review and additional testing. This is a key component, so it’s crucial to ensure everything is working properly.
Deployment Status (L2 Validators = TF Hub)
Right now, only tech-savvy people can deploy a blockchain node. It’s not that difficult, but will be overwhelming for most people without technical skills.
Therefore, we are working on a tool which will be integrated into the ThreeFold Connect app.
The process is planned to be as follows:
- You buy/build a 3Node (see minimum specs below), and install it home
- You deploy your 3Node using your TF Connect app (create farm, boot node in it)
- You can now reserve your 3Node for your own usage (it becomes a dedicated node): NEW
- On each reserved personal node you can install the following (using TF Connect = easy): NEW
- ThreeFold Hub Validator (and later other blockchain nodes as well, e.g. Uhuru Validator, …)
- Presearch Blockchain Node (become part of the decentralized search engine)
- Digital Twin (summer), host the digital life for your friends
- Once the TF Hub Validator is installed, you can transfer your TFT to it to activate your TF Hub Validator & to protect the ThreeFold Hub Blockchain.
This tool will allow everyone to do it and we get optimal security and scale. Additionally, this process can be used for many other types of blockchains and blockchain workloads in future.
While we do realize that this extra deployment tool costs time and there is delay because of it, we believe this is for the better.
Any technical person who wants to deploy now can do so using our technical procedure. We will release this asap for everyone who is ready to get a bit more technical.
Please note that we are looking for someone to make a manual for this. If you’re interested in supporting us, leave a comment below.
Engineering Status (L0 Validators = TF Executors)
The TF Executors have been planned for the end of 2022, but we just realized that the deployment date as mentioned on the forum and in other documentation was not correct. It’s not a deployment date but a registration date on the TF Hub Chain.
Once the TF Hub Chain is active as mentioned above, anyone can register their L0 Validator on the TF Hub Chain and the rewards (yield) will be given. This requires the deployment of at least 10 nodes before we go. The rewards will be calculated from April 1 on, so there won’t be a loss in rewards in case of potential delays.
Why was it necessary to have tokens reserved so early on, particularly for L0, since deployment won’t happen for some time?
We were hoping to have our chain up faster, but some unexpected work came up in relation to our TF Grid which needed priority. We will backdate the rewards, so this delay won’t be affecting your rewards.
What are the minimum hardware requirements for an L2 or L0 Validator?
- 1TB of SSD Storage (good quality SSD)
- 32 GB of RAM
- 8 vCPU cores
I expressed interest but I have not yet had my verification / I am unsure of my current standing.
Not a problem! Please get in touch with Sam directly at email@example.com or @samtaggart on Telegram and he will get this resolved for you.