Importing TFT Account from Mobile onto Web

Hi!
How would I setup my browser app (Brave) to “see” the account(s)/farmer(s) I’ve built/created on my mobile wallet ID? Is there a way to “import” the account?

1 Like

Hi, I am assuming you are farming on TF Grid V3. You should find in the TF Connect appp under the “Farmers” section a screen like this with the created farm data:
photo_2022-02-25_11-10-43

If you touch TFCHAIN SECRET it shows you a secret that starts with 0x........ That the secret you need to import it into your browser polkadot extension (download here) .

Transport that to you laptop / PC and you can now create an account in the extension by clicking on the extension in the browser top left corner (after you have installed it… :slight_smile:). Click the + sign to create a new account and then import account from pre-existing seed. Copy the 0x... string into the input box and provide name plus password.

Et presto, all done!

2 Likes

Wow. That worked exactly like you said it would. So easy.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

My pleasure - I always like to see and learn.

3 Likes

This is just what I was looking for, but to confirm.

Briefly, I have a Titan already on V3 and wish to add one more DIY node. I guess don’t need to create a Polkadot extension, I could go to Zero-OS boot generator and with my farm ID create a USB image to plug to my DIY PC to have a new node added to my farm?

However, it will be nice to have access to the TF-Chain Portal to check my farm and nodes. So, this info just what I was looking for. But before following the instructions I have some questions.

In the “import account from pre-existing seed” option box it is asked for the 12-word mnemonic seed. Just to confirm, will the TFCHAIN SECRET with “ 0x... string” work fine?

So, I guess I will never know the 12-word mnemonic seed for the Polkadot extension? Most important, to recover my account (if the extension is deleted form laptop) I will always have to use the “0x… string” to import the Polkadot account?

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Normally the 0x… secret will also work fine. I’ve used it already in play.grid.tf where I replaced the mnemonic by the secret, and that went well. Didn’t try it for the portal, but I assume the behaviour will be the same.

1 Like