ICT Tanzania Update 3: Hello OurVerse!

We’re sharing a series of updates about our incredible experience at the 6th Annual Tanzania ICT Conference. Here’s part two. Find part one here and part two here.

During the conference, ThreeFold announced the development of OurVerse -– a decentralized and immersive metaverse experience being built on top of the ThreeFold Grid.

OurVerse aims to build the most authentic extension and representation of our world in a three dimensional web experience – a platform to explore education, immersive e-commerce experiences, booking environments, augmented reality, and so much more.

ThreeFold co-founder Kristof De Spiegeleer presents Ourverse at the main stage.

With Meta’s heavy involvement in the space and Ready Player One showing what a world with the metaverse could look like, for sure the concept of the metaverse is a highly controversial topic. There is a fear of driving people away from reality and spending too much time in the virtual world. For us, the metaverse represents an evolutionary paradigm capable of transcending a safe and healthy 2D Internet experience into an immersive 3D environment.

A conference attendee explores OurVerse at the ICT Conference showroom.

There will be a lot more to come when it comes to OurVerse, including demos, so stay tuned!

3 Likes

This is soooooo exciting!!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:
Thank you for sharing :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Hey @gosam, we had a question from the community (@cdcreek) on one of Drew’s calls about OurVerse. Any progress or news to share?

1 Like

Hello @scott and @cdcreek! I do not know off the top of my head, let me come back to this asap.

1 Like