Hosting blockchain services on Threefold

Hey @LongStreetTech, this is @sigzag here… have two accounts. So please don’t wonder

That’s weird! Both nodes have the same capacity. There are 8x 800GB SSDs installed. RAID-Controller is set to HBA-mode so drives are attached bare-metal like it’s supposed to be.

Just checked storage health on those servers. Everything is fine. Also there is literly no utilization on them.

I guess ZOS should be able to split a virtual drive (exeeding the size of a singel SSD) over multiple physical drives. So. I have no idea what causes the error you are running in. I think that should be investigated by dev-team.

I could give you another node ID where a single 4TB ssd is installed (same other hardware specs) if you wandt to try again. Maybe that works out. let me know!

Zos actually doesn’t do this. It’s possible as a user to reserve multiple disks and span them into one within your VM, but this requires knowing or guessing the disk sizes (it’s possible to query this from the node but it’s not simple to do right now).

@teisie can the the uptime script be adapted to report node drive sizes?

@scott is this a graph ql function?

Actually my previous statement that it’s possible to query drive size from the node was based on an assumption that this information is present in DMI. I tried to actually do it and found that’s not the case. As far as I know, there’s actually no way to retrieve this information presently.