there is a linked token to it
At first sight it looks like this project really thought about it
- easy to tap into an existing project, we don’t want 100 different name services
- existing tech, we can integrate with
- its a token based system, how created, tokenomics?
- will it make things more complicated? How will people get their name easily from ThreeFold.
- how does the mining work? Proof of work, burning energy?
- how can we in future easily exchange TFT to HNS ?
- how to integrate best in ThreeFold
- I don’t understand how to claim a name: https://hsd-dev.org/guides/claims.html
- what does it cost now to claim my name, its not clear to me.
- I don’t understand the mechanics, how much HNS do I need to get my own name, something so simple I don’t seem to be able to find, could be me (-:
- It looks like we can’t choose our own name, or do I see this wrong?
Some more info
Our original plan was to integrate a simple naming service on top of our identity layer of The ThreeFold layer 2 blockchain (the L2 validators), and as such make it super easy for people to reserve their name. All names ending with your personal twin id would be reserved for you and super cost effective), all proceeds of naming service would go to an account of the DAO which can be used to promote the grid with. No-one would make money from the naming service.
Please note we have our own planetary network and as such we can run our own domain name services based on the unique planetary network addresses which are unique per person on the TFGrid.
These domain name services would only be working on the planetary network, which by the way is usable independent of the TFGrid. It would be backwards compatible with the DNS outside.
See https://hsd-dev.org/guides/claims.html how to deal with existing names, not so easy for most people, maybe this is a little difficult?