My intent is to farm, self host my IT needs and rent available capacity to other people, and probably create light hosting services on the TF grid, because I love the philosophy of this project and I want to support you and I think it could lead to a better future for us all
For this I need to test kubernetes deployment and ceph cluster creation on very small scale (or other solution of shared storage not object oriented) for high availability purposes. Testnet was really useful to work on for testing your tech before investing much time money and effort on a production release. It would allow me to gain some trust on your tech. However, when I began working on testnet a few weeks ago, I encountered some problems :
- 3sdk was not installing properly with pip or poetry
- Last version of zos does not provide IPV6 to a VM hosts anymore (I used my own VMs to provide capacity for my tests)
- Kubernetes flist deployment was not working
- No idea how the monitoring prometheus stack is working so I need to put my hands on it
- No procedure for gateway deployment
- Imprecise documentation at best and no technical deepdive available
With this kind of experience, the fact to have to pay to test my ideas on testnet is another blow to my motivation to invest time and money on the TF grid, even if it’s not that expensive, the fact to pay for temporary tests on testnet which can be rebooted without notice is not very comforting.
I’d appreciate a little TFT help to make possible the creation of my PoC and gain necessary trust on how your tech works !