Farming with a HP proliant

Hi I have a proliant 380 DL 8 gen wich I want to use for farming can anybody help me with the specs |I need?

1 Like

Hi, all INTEL and AMD based servers should work. From a server specs perspective: the ratio between logical cores of the CPU (number of hyperthreaded cores) and GB memory ideally is 1:4. The server should at least have 1 SSD and one or more HDDs (the more TB the more TFT). The more storage the server has the more potent the connectivity has to be. We recommend to have from 30 TB storage onwards a fiber connection.

2 Likes

Thank you Andrea I don’t need nic card ?

Hi Jan, to connect your farm to the grid you will need NIC for sure.
If it’s loaded with and all setup (0-OS installed, wallet configured, etc) all you need is:

1. a power outlet to plug the node into
  2. providing the node with acces to the internet.

From that point on the software components from ThreeFold will do the rest.

Have you managed to set up a node on the 380 DL gen8?
I have the same machine and I am struggling.

HI @themachine what are you struggling with? Please let us know in a little bit more detail and we will get you the help you need. That’s what forums are for!

2 Likes

I have not seen a server that did not have a NIC already, so don’t worry about that.

Hi, with the help of Scott and the community (in telegram), I was able to get in running now. I obviously had issues with the wiping of the harddrives.
Regards
Kai

1 Like

I am up and running on a g7 with the raid controller working properly for ssd and sas, reach out if either of you above need any help

1 Like