Farming reward verification tool

Hi, this has been answered in one of the chats as I was having the same question. In short, the minting code uses Base24 (1GB = 1073741824 bytes). If you use Base1000 when entering into the simulator, there’s going to be a difference.

So if you enter 320GB in the simulator, it’s actually 314.8 that Z-OS is registering. Same for the 4TB SSD, that’s not seen as 4000GB but as 3726 GB.

So if you know that, you can more accurately calculate the rewards.

Thanks for the answer. I remembered somethink like this. But this still doesn’t explain the difference in CU value. Or am I missing something?

The CU value is linked to the entry you make in the calculator. If you put in your original values (320GB ram, 40 threads and 4000GB of SSD) it returns 79.75 CU.

But if you enter the values in Base24 (so 314.828GB ram, 40 threads and 3726.023GB of SSD) it returns the CU value of 74.52 which is exactly as it is in the tool where you see the payment info.

So I think this is correct?

1 Like

are there plans to automate this process for each farmer into some kind of a usable monitoring dashboard? This process would be clunky for one node, but for any farmer who has more than one node running…this would be an impossibly time-consuming task.

I believe there are on-going discussions to implement the tool within the Explorer dashboard (or something similar on those grounds), however, I can’t just confirm yet if it is an automated approach. We’ll be certain to update the community when we have more information on the subject.

Check out this thread, where you can provide input on the new tool: Community Feedback on Minting Overview Tool

2 Likes

wrong reply! deleted my text…

Just put another 512gb SSD or NvME and you’ll be good to go - optimized.

In order to get 2.600TFT’s you’ll need 80vCores, 320GB RAM, and 4.190GB SSD in total

Happy farming everyone!!!

Thanks to @teisie, you are now able to verify your mint at publicuptime.tfcloud.us/uptimeCheck

Or if your connected to planetary you can use uptime.tfcloud.us

2 Likes

Just to mention. ---- I’ve done this upgrade i.e. add additional 512gb SSD to one of my nodes and ISSUE - instead of 2.600TFT i got only 50TFT…
So just to be sure for any one is doing this - adding additional storage do it after the end of the month, not prior.

UPDATE - Ok my mistake - I was referring to the wrong node, this one with the upgrade was ok. So feel free to do the upgrades at any time.

Hey @3bolt, minting currently considers the least amount of capacity that a node had in a given period. So upgrades are only seen during the next full period after they are performed. However, an upgrade shouldn’t result in your node minting fewer tokens than in previous periods. I’d be happy to look into this further, if you can provide the affected node id.

Hi Scott thanks for the reply. I was looking into the issue, but on the wrong node thinking it was the one with the upgrade. My mistake… however i noticed something else the node(3779) that gave me only 50TFT was kind of “stuck” at ZeroOS 3.2.0 while all the other were on 3.3.2. maybe that had something to do with it, but i have no idea how to investigate.

Checking with the verification tool it shows that the uptime was only 0.67 days. I am usually doing checkups on a daily basis, and nothing was out of the ordinary.

When I noticed this discrepancy yesterday I rebooted the node and it booted/updated to ZeroOs 3.3.2.

I ran a check on your node 3779, and its behavior is pretty unusual. Looks like twice it has gone for a long time without reporting uptime, then suddenly sent a report. The last time, it was after 42 days, when nodes usually report every two hours.

Since you also noticed the Zos version hadn’t updated, my hunch is that there’s some networking issue with this node that is blocking both the uptime reports and the node updates. After the reboot, it seems to be working fine. Are you using the status bot for Telegram to monitor your nodes? That could be a way to get alerted if the problem occurs again.

Was the version he was stuck at, pre uptime panic fix, the sounds like the panic behavior

Oh yeah, good point. I’m not sure during which release the panic was fixed.

Reminds me too, @3bolt, if you have anything funny happen with a node, checking the log screens for errors can help us identify and get problems fixed. Just connect a keyboard and display to the node and hit alt-f1, alt-f2.

1 Like

@scott @ParkerS

Thanks guys for the info. I changed the patch cable on the node just in case, since it was the only one of different color, not for any other reason. :slight_smile:

It seems to be working fine now. I started checking with the Telegram status bot haven’t used it till now. …it would have been most convenient if Threefold app was able to send notifications when a node goes offline, but it is what it is for now.

Happy farming everyone, and have a gr8 weekend.

UPDATED URL:

3node.app-yoke.com

1 Like

Works well on my side!

Some strange graphic output though: