End-Of-Year (2022) Community Call: Recording!

2022 was a year unlike any other. Through it all, ThreeFold continued to build and expand. During our end of the year community call, I took us through some highlights from 2022 and a peek towards 2023, and various members of the team and community shared their own updates and messages from the heart. :heart: Thanks to all those who joined live – and for those who missed it, here you go:

Please note the content of this call is for information purposes only and is subject to change as the project evolves.

3 Likes

Will there be a section we can ask questions regarding this last (unfortunately missed) call?

I think you can write questions here and @gosam, @scott and the others will be able to answer here.
Or they will be able to take notes and answer in the next community call.

1 Like

Please, ask away here!

Well, this is not an easy one, and maybe not a real question, more of a request or concern maybe. I heard Kristoff talking about some major parties that are hopefully getting involved. And that is great! It’s what we need.

The flipside of that coin however, I have seen many times. The early adapters of other projects and business were much appreciated up to the point it starting growing. Suddenly all those hard working guys that have spend all their time and money making the project or business big, are now forgotten. Small early businesses are over shadowed by major estabablished companies and the scale they offer, most likely supported by a bigger wallet, take over.
Even though the project is still young, I already have seen much earlier adapters than me complaining that promises were not kept.

I guess my question would be if the TF team has even given this any thoughts.

Is TF going to continue to appreciate the early adapters for instance by giving them opportunities now to become or stay ambassadors of the decentralised project? Too many times bigger parties get involved, small early adapters get pushed aside, for instance Vendors of Nodes. Is there any way the same people in this community today will be visible in 20 years, should they wish so?

3 Likes

@RobertL Understand the question, and it is a valid one. Threefold envisions to have many ventures create to create and realize these projects with major parties. Your remark is a problem that a centralized startup structure has: if and when you need to deliver everything out of a centralized (fast growing structure) you will hit bottlenecks and will have to decide where to focus.

When you put together a “new venture” (incubator) per project, finding seperate funding, resources, and everything it needs locally (a decentralized approach) and make these ventures self sustaining in many ways you should not have the issue you raised.

This is how Threefold sees this progressing where the original venture will remain focused on the original mandate. For new mandates (projects) new ventures will be created who co-create, co-work to expands the footprint into many different paths.

Communities and ventures work together: Together we build!

4 Likes